The Institute for Renewable Energy is looking for a
A PhD student performing analysis and evaluation of indoor global comfort conditions investigating relationships among indoor comfort, energy performance and values of nZEBs
University of Trento in cooperation with Eurac Research invites applications for a PhD position in Civil, Environmental, and Mechanical Engineering, performing research on building indoor environmental quality approaching the comfort topic in comprehensive way and investigating the relationships among comfort itself, energy performance and building value, in particular for nZEBs.
The main objective are:
- to develop (or advance existing) tools to characterize the indoor environmental quality in the residential sector;
- to analyze different building envelopes and construction technologies based on IEQ and costs;
- to make a comparison among few possible solutions to provide comfort in summer and winter conditions.
· definition of the most important parameter to evaluate IEQ in houses
· developing a tool to easily and economically measure the above mention parameters
· definition of the most comfortable and the most energy effective solutions for the building envelope and to control the indoor thermal conditions in the residential sector
· definition of comfort value: effectiveness of the energy consumption in term of well-being
· presenting research results in national- and international-level academic conferences
· publishing in international peer-reviewed journals
· applying for national and international research grants
· Technical degree (Engineering, Physics or equivalent)
· Knowledge of building physics, building technologies and systems
· Knowledge of building modelling (preferably both steady state and dynamic tool)
· Knowledge of environmental measurements theory, methods and tools
· Ability to work both autonomously, and in a team.
· Excellent written and spoken English skills; Italian and German skills or willingness to learn at least one of the two languages are desired.
· Interesting activity in cooperation with local and international research and industry partners
· Dedicated work space and young, engaged colleagues
· Opportunities for career development through in-house transferrable skills courses
· A supportive PhD student community
· Attractive living conditions in the middle of the Alps
How to apply:
Further information, including how to apply for this PhD position, is available at: http://www.unitn.it/en/ateneo/1954/announcement-of-selection
Only applications submitted to the university will be considered. The post holder will be selected through the regular university procedure for selecting PhD students.
Deadline for applications to the university: 29 AUGUST 2017, hrs. 4.00 PM (Italian time)
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: “I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings”.