The Institute for Biomedicine of Eurac Research is a young biomedical research institution integrated in an excellent network of international and national partners. It is home to an international and interdisciplinary team of scientists, students and research support staff. Living and working in Bolzano/Bozen allows you to experience the combination of alpine and mediterranean culture and puts you at the heart of one of the most exciting mountain regions in Europe.
The technician will be an active part of the team that is taking care of all the processes relative to the biobanks and the sample collections of the Institute for Biomedicine. The position will be allocated at the two sites at the hospitals of Merano/Meran and Bolzano/Bozen, where the biobanks and relative laboratories are established.
- Acceptance, registration, processing, aliquoting and freezing of biological samples
- Storage, handling, retrieval and shipping of cryoconserved samples
- Data input and mining with an integrated LIMS system and dedicated databases
- Quality controls of samples and data
- Laboratory care and procedures development
- Preparation of samples, buffer and solutions for chemical and biological analyses
- Use of robotic systems (liquid handler, nucleic acid extraction systems, etc.)
- University degree as a biomedical laboratory technician or equivalent
- Registration in the Italian professional register of biomedical laboratory technician is mandatory (ALBO DEI TECNICI SANITARI DI LABORATORIO BIOMEDICO) –please note that candidates who do not meet the requirements for registration cannot be considered for this position
- At least two years of experience in preparation and manipulation of biological samples
- Good knowledge of Italian and English languages and at least basic knowledge of German
- Ability to work independently, responsibly and with attention to detail
- Flexibility and capacity to work in a team
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Windows®, Outlook, Word, Access and Excel, previous LIMS and liquid handler program experiences are an advantage)
- Good laboratory practice (e.g. pipetting, solution preparation, work in sterile environment)
- One year contract; potentially renewable
- Salary proportional to experience
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) within 30.09.2020 via Email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating "Biomedical laboratory technician" as subject:
Institute for Biomedicine
Via Galvani 31 – 39100 Bolzano
Email: email@example.com - www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055 500 / Fax: + 39 0471 055 599
For further information please contact Alessandro De Grandi or Chiara Cantaloni: Tel: +39 0471 055 500
The post holder will work 50% of the time on the Partnership to Accelerate Covid-19 rEsearch in South Tyrol (PACE) research project, a scientific research program on Covid-19 funded by the Autonomous Province of Bozen/Bolzano.
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: "I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings".