Eurac Research has recently completed its research and test infrastructure terraXcube.
heart of this novel facility is made of two large environmental
chambers able to simulate different conditions such as temperature,
humidity, atmospheric pressure up to 9000m, rain, snow and wind. Tests
inside the chamber will include the scientific research on mountain
emergency medicine, alpine environment and industrial components.
To complete the terraXcube team, EURAC is now looking for a CHAMBER TECHNICIAN.
- Set-up and preparation of the chambers and auxiliary systems prior to the studies;
- Design and realization of hydraulic-gas or other specific set-ups for the test(s);
- Set-up of the data acquisition system (sensors plus datalogger) for the specific test(s);
- Control of all the chambers' functions in control room during tests (in shifts within the other colleagues);
- Troubleshooting of chamber's malfunction;
- Ensure safety prior and during tests execution according to the agreed measure;
- Executing and recording the maintenance of all the systems and sub-systems of the chambers according to the maintenance plan.
- Problem solving, communication, judgment, initiative, resilience, flexibility.
- Technical high school diploma or higher. Education and/or experience in media supply (HVAC, water, gas) and automation;
- Working experience in climatic chambers. A working experience in hypobaric chambers is considered a strong plus;
3-5 years of relevant working experience in environmental testing,
environments engineering (Cooling-Vacuum Technology…), with
- Good manual skill;
- Working experience in data acquisition systems and instrumentation types;
- Working with reading of schematic diagrams/drawings of test equipment;
- Knowledge of cooling systems is preferable but not essential;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft's office suite and design software;
- Good command of the English language;
and Italian knowledge (native speaker level or very advanced in one of
the two languages and good knowledge of the other, or alternatively
being open to further strengthen the language skills in order to use it
as working language);
- Residence: Bolzano or near surroundings (max 30 min by car);
Location: The job is located at terraXcube's premises in Via Ipazia, 2 - 39100 Bolzano.
Contract: Initial 1-year fixed term contract
Attractive work environment in a Great Place to Work©
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) by 06.06.2020 to the following address:
Viale Druso 1 – 39100 Bolzano
Email: terraXcube@eurac.edu- https://terraxcube.eurac.edu/
Tel: +39 0471 055 550
For further information please contact Andrea Nollo: Tel: +39 0471 055 546
Project: 1ALP_EUR CUP:
in compliance with the EU Regulation No. 2016/679 (GDPR) and the
and hereby authorize Eurac Research to use my personal data in
accordance to EU Regulation No. 2016/679 and national legislation.' We inform you that we will not be allowed to consider any application without this compliancy declaration.
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: "I
hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data
for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings".