Eurac Research is looking for a
Computer Scientist / Software Developer
The Institute for Biomedicine is a young biomedical research institution integrated in an excellent network of international and national partners. It is home to an international and interdisciplinary team of scientists, students and research support staff. Living and working in Bozen/Bolzano allows you to experience the combination of alpine and mediterranean culture and puts you at the heart of one of the most exciting mountain regions in Europe.
The Institutes' IT group provides the required IT resources and supports our researchers. This includes the development of software and databases, taking care about data security and data privacy, the administration, monitoring of our servers and our calculation cluster for data analysis, and finally yet importantly providing general support in computer related situations.
· Development of software, web interfaces, databases and mobile applications
· Software algorithm development, implementation, testing and troubleshooting in support of data analysis and visualization needs.
· Complex problem solving and translation of algorithms into code.
· Provide help, software and troubleshooting support to researchers e.g. process automation, workflow integration, data manipulation, scripting and similar.
· Master or bachelor degree in computer science or corresponding.
· Distinct knowledge and practical experience with procedural and object oriented programming, and the development of algorithms and data structures
· Knowledge of C, Perl, C++ or Java
· Practical knowledge of relational databases and SQL (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL)
· Good knowledge of English language
· Good knowledge of either German or Italian language is a must
· Ability to work independently, responsibly and with attention to detail
· Flexibility and capacity to work in a team
· Knowledge of Python, C#, .NET or other languages a plus
· Experience in Android and iOS App Development
· Knowledge of Linux environment and shell scripting
· Basic knowledge of Linux/Windows system administration
· Practical knowledge of version control systems (Git, CVS, etc.)
· Familiarity with public key cryptography and European / Italian privacy law.
· A full-time position for one year with the possibility to renew.
· The opportunity to work in a young and motivated team in an international and multidisciplinary environment
· Attractive living and working conditions
· Flexible working hours
How to apply:
The position is open rank, with both junior and senior level candidates encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) within 31.07.2018 via email to email@example.com stating “Computer scientist - <first name> <surname>” as subject.
Institute for Biomedicine
Via Galvani 31 – 39100 Bolzano
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055 500 / Fax: + 39 0471 055 599
For further information please contact Clemens Egger: Email: email@example.com, Tel: +39 0471 055 524
We inform you that we will not be allowed to consider any application without this compliancy declaration.
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: “I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings”.