Eurac Research is looking for a motivated computer scientist with experience with programming and data analysis. The activities will be focused on software development for web-based tools the institute is developing with the aim to analyse building stock and support related facility management. The successful candidate will work in local and international research and commissioned projects, within multidisciplinary working team develop programs for handling buildings information, processing data and providing an effective visualization for different target users.
In their cover letter, candidates are expected to explain:
- how they meet the following requirements, and
- why they would like to join Eurac Research and perform the tasks reported in the following.
- To perform IT tool development related to facility management and data processing and transforming into information
- To develop, test and document open source code to perform simplified calculations for IAQ and ventilation, process user data input and present data output to the user
- To support data analysis on building monitoring data and IEQ surveys
- To participate to local and international project workshops and dissemination events towards industry and citizens
- MSc in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Good knowledge of "R" and at least another programming language (Python, C++ etc.)
- Good knowledge of frameworks for web development (Shiny, Nodejs, etc.)
- Ability of designing, creation and management of SQL-based relational databases (like PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Experience in use of version control software (e.g. Git)
- Good knowledge of English and Italian, written and spoken
- Good knowledge of German, written and spoken, is desirable, but not essential
- Ability to work independently and in team
- The position is initially available for a period of three years with the possibility to become permanent and is to be filled as soon as possible.
- Working conditions which allow professional growth and know how acquisition with carrier opportunity as applied researcher.
- The chance to work with local and international research centres, universities, and industry partners
- The opportunity to work in a young international team in a fast-growing sector
- A surrounding offering a high quality of life.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) within 18.10.2019 to the following address:
Institute for Renewable Energy
Viale Druso 1 – 39100 Bolzano
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055600 / Fax: + 39 0471 055699
For further information please contact Roberto Lollini: email@example.com - Tel: +39 0471 055 650
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: "I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings”.