The Eurac Research Institute for Biomedicine is looking for an epidemiologist to join the leadership team of the Cooperative Health Research In South Tyrol (CHRIS) study, a population-based study on >13,000 individuals with ongoing follow-up. The CHRIS study is a molecular epidemiology study with broad health assessments in the fields of cardiometabolic health and neurodegeneration, including recent expansion into infectious diseases, with extensive participants' characterization in terms of special biomarkers, genetics, and metabolomics.
By strictly collaborating with the principal investigators, the post holder will act as the main scientific study coordinator by implementing the study on the field, define efficient solutions for standardized and high quality data collection, interact with the field team, and play a key relational role with local healthcare system. The position is initially offered for two years.
Eurac Research is an applied research centre located in Bolzano, South Tyrol, Italy. The Eurac Research Institute for Biomedicine is home of an international and interdisciplinary team of scientists, students and support staff, integrated in an excellent network of international and national partners. Living and working in Bozen/Bolzano allows to experience a unique combination of Alpine and Mediterranean culture right at the heart of one of the most exciting mountain regions in Europe.
- Coordinate epidemiological studies, including identification and implementation of practical solutions for data measurement and collection, definition of standard operative procedures
- Relationship building with local stakeholders, healthcare system and enhancement of the community engagement of the study
- Work closely with principal investigators to identify appropriate strategies for delivering studies
- The ideal candidate is an epidemiologist (with or without a clinical background) holding a doctoral degree in biomedical disciplines, including medicine, biomedical engineering, public health; holding an MD degree is not required but will be an advantage
- Proven experience in conducting clinical or population-based studies
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Team leading experience and excellent relational attitude
- Fluent in either Italian or German language, in addition to English
- Documented high level of scientific activity
- 2-year full time contract
- The opportunity to work on a large and well-characterized molecular epidemiology study
- Opportunity to collaborate with all internal scientists in research projects and publications, as well as the possibility to develop an own research line
- High level international cooperation
- Eurac Research has been elected among the best workplaces in Italy (Great Place To Work Italia) and offers many opportunities in combining work and family activities.
- An attractive working place in the heart of the Alps with endless opportunities for open-air activities
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) by 15.02.2021 to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org stating "Epidemiologist" and their name as subject. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Institute for Biomedicine
Via Galvani 31 – 39100 Bolzano, Italy
Email: email@example.com- www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055 500 / Fax: + 39 0471 055 599
For further information please contact Cristian Pattaro firstname.lastname@example.org
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: "I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings".