Eurac Research is looking for a
Internship for performing a master thesis on key performance indicators (KPIs) for advanced façade elements and systems
KPIs are metrics used to describe the performances, such the resistance to heat transfer, of a given material, element, or system of the building envelope. KPIs are used at all stages of the design process, and can be used also for post-evaluation studies. This project will build on an existing database of KPIs developed at EURAC and available as an on-line tool, and will aim to: (i) analyse the current use and usability of the KPIs already included in this database, (ii) propose enhancements to these KPIs and conceive new KPIs, (iii) suggest improvements to the KPIs database and on-line tool.
· Literature review of façade measurements and performance metrics for advanced façade
· Analysis of the KPIs database and on-line tool
· Definition of criteria to evaluate use and usability of the KPIs
· Selection of data for KPIs testing and enhancements
· Metrics calculation
· Further development of the KPIs on-line tool
· Being in the final year of a master degree in Engineering (building, civil, environmental), Architecture, Industrial Design, or equivalent (only few exams to be done – please attached to your CV a list of completed exams with relative grade, and remaining exams)
· Knowledge about building physics and façade technologies
· Good attitude for software workaround
· Nice-to-have: knowledge of content management systems (CMSs), especially Drupal
· Good knowledge of English, written and spoken
· Good knowledge of Italian or German, written and spoken
· Ability to work independently
· Ability to work in team
- The opportunity to work on a master thesis dealing with interesting and relevant topics with the support of a team of experts in the field and in close collaboration with companies of the sector.
- Working conditions which allow professional growth and know how acquisition with carrier opportunity as applied researcher.
- A surrounding offering a high quality of life.
- The position is available for a period of six months for the duration of the thesis
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) within 31.03.2018 to the following address:
Institute for Renewable Energy
Viale Druso 1 – 39100 Bolzano
Email: email@example.com - www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055 600 / Fax: + 39 0471 055 699
For further information please contact Francesco Babich: Tel: +39 0471 055 678
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: “I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings”.