Eurac Research is looking for a
Internship for performing a master thesis on evaluation of UNI EN 15193:2008 by means of detailed daylighting simulation
The activities focus on the comparison of the standard UNI EN 15193:2008 “Energy requirement for lighting” with detailed calculation method using daylighting simulation tool (Radiance). The comparison will be performed on the evaluation of the hourly and yearly energy needs for artificial lighting and on the calculation of the daylighting factor.
The aim of the thesis is to develop a dynamic lighting/daylighting model according to UNI EN 15193:2008 and based on an hourly time step, validate the model comparing the results with a Radiance simulation, and support the integration of this model into the new ProCasaClima software from Agenzia CasaClima.
· Literature review
· Implementation of the UNI EN 15193:2008 – Method 3 (detailed method)
· Detailed daylighting simulation using Radiance
· Compare energy needs for artificial lighting
· Compare daylight availability
· Support Agenzia CasaClima in the integration of the developed model into ProCasaClima software
· Knowledge about building physics (energy balance, heat transfer mechanisms, and preferably daylighting/lighting)
· Skills with simulation software (Rhino, Grasshopper, Radiance)
· Skills on data elaboration and programming
· Master university programme almost finished (only few exams to be done)
· Good knowledge of English, written and spoken
· Good knowledge of Italian or German, written and spoken.
• The opportunity to work on a master thesis dealing with interesting topics with the support of a team of experts in the field.
• Working conditions which allow professional growth and know how acquisition with carrier opportunity as applied researcher.
• A surrounding offering a high quality of life.
• The position is available for a period of six months for the duration of the thesis
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) within 26.03.2018 to the following address:
Eurac Research - Institute for Renewable Energy
Email: email@example.com - www.eurac.edu
For further information, please contact
Giuseppe De Michele, firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. +39 0471 055 685
Ulrich Filippi Oberegger, email@example.com Tel. +39 0471 055 637
Roberto Lollini: Tel: +39 0471 055 650
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: “I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings”.