Eurac Research is looking for a
Internship for performing a master thesis on performance assessment of building renovation measures in the EU building stock– from March 2019
The internship is included in the activities of the Horizon 2020 project 4RinEU - Robust&Reliable technology concepts and business models for triggering deep Renovation of Residential buildings in EU – (www.4rineu.eu).
The project aims to define technologies, methodologies and business models in order to overcome the existing barriers and to foster the implementation of renovation measures in the European residential building stock.
The internship will focus on the evaluation of the performances of a set of renovation packages including the technologies developed within 4RinEU (e.g. prefabricated multifunctional façades, ceiling fans, integration of renewables, etc.) according to a list of pre-defined indicators dealing with the five thematic areas of the project (i.e. energy, comfort, economy, environment and building site management). The simulation activity will be performed by using the approach adopted within the project and the software TRNSYS.
Moreover, the student will contribute to the definition of a structured methodology for assessing the replication potential of the renovation measures in the six European geoclusters as identified by the project, and the impact on the energy consumption as well as CO2 emission at European level.
· Knowledge about building physics (energy balance, heat transfer mechanisms)
· Base knowledge of a dynamic simulation tool (preferably TRNSYS)
· Building modelling, transient energy simulation
· Good skill in data elaboration (with Excel or with other tools)
· Master university programme almost finished (only few exams to be done)
· Good knowledge of English, written and spoken
· Good knowledge of Italian or German, written and spoken
• The opportunity to work on a master thesis dealing with a European Project and innocative topics with the support of a team of experts in the field.
• Working conditions which allow professional growth and know how acquisition with carrier opportunity as applied researcher.
• A surrounding offering a high quality of life.
The position is available for a period of six months for the duration of the thesis
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) within 31.01.2019 to the following address:
Institute for Renewable Energy
Viale Druso 1 – 39100 Bolzano
Email: email@example.com - www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055 600 / Fax: + 39 0471 055 699
For further information please contact Roberta Pernetti: Tel: +39 0471 055 645
European Project Horizon 2020 – Grant Agreement 723829 - CUP_D52F16000160006
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: “I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings”.