The internship is included in the activities of the Interreg ITA-AUT FACEcamp project (www.facecamp.it).
The project aims at strengthening a long-term transnational cooperation among companies and R&I entities in the field of advanced façade systems for healthy, comfortable and energy efficient buildings. The internship will work in the field of modeling approaches to define modeling procedure for Complex Fenestration System. In particular, the internship will support the company developing a service of a web-based commercial software.
Objectives of the internship are:
- to evaluate the solar radiation models to be implemented in the calculation of the most stressful environmental conditions for façade design (including the topic of the orographic shading)
- to benchmark the INEICHEN and MUNEER solar radiation models
- to implement in Python the ISO15099 approach for the calculation of the glazing temperatures and heat fluxes
- Literature review on the satellite measured data and radiation models
- INEICHEN, MUNEER and on-ground radiation measured data benchmarking including the effect of orographic shading
- Literature review on the ISO15099
- Implementation of the norm calculation procedure in Python
- Benchmark between radiation models and on ground measured data
- Code in Python to determine the solar radiation on tilted surface
- Code in Python to determine the glazing temperatures and heat fluxes (ISO15099)
- Knowledge about solar energy and building physics (energy balance, heat transfer mechanisms)
- Good knowledge in programming (preferably Python or Matlab)
- Good skill in data analysis
- Master university program almost finished (only few exams to be done)
- Good knowledge of English, written and spoken
- Good knowledge of Italian or German, written and spoken
- The opportunity to work on a master thesis dealing with a European Project and innovative topics with the support of a team of experts in the field and in close relation with a company.
- Working conditions which allow professional growth and know how acquisition with career opportunity as applied researcher.
- A surrounding offering a high quality of life.
The position is available for a period of six months for the duration of the thesis starting from July 2019.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) within 31.07.2019 to the following address:
Institute for Renewable Energy
Viale Druso 1 – 39100 Bolzano
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org- www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055 600 / Fax: + 39 0471 055 699
For further information please contact Stefano Avesani: Tel: +39 0471 055 654
in compliance with the EU Regulation No. 2016/679 (GDPR) and the
and hereby authorize Eurac Research to use my personal data in
accordance to EU Regulation No. 2016/679 and national legislation.' We inform you that we will not be allowed to consider any application without this compliancy declaration.
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: "I
hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data
for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings".