The Eurac Research Institute for Biomedicine is looking for an experienced legal expert in biomedical research to join our international team in Bolzano, Italy. The legal expert will work within the CHRIS-2D project, which has recently been funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
The CHRIS-2D project will be implemented within the Cooperative Health Research in South Tyrol (CHRIS) study, one of the largest longitudinal population-based studies in Italy, which investigates the health of >13,000 participants through a large set of clinical, genetic, and molecular data. By setting up a data portal that provides navigation through CHRIS data and samples in a secure and controlled way that protects participant's rights, the CHRIS-2D project aims at enhancing the quality, integration and usability of the datasets, boosting the potential for innovative scientific research and exploitation of the study.
The successful candidate will contribute to developing the legal framework of the data portal. The work will be performed within a team of high-profile legal and ethical experts and will require innovative legal solutions that consider the high specialization of the biomedical research activities.
- Support building the legal and ethical framework and the governance system
- Analyse and verify current regulations
- Contribute to writing legal documents
- PhD degree or equivalent experience in law
- Research experience in biomedicine and a track record of relevant publications
- In-depth knowledge of regulations concerning research biobanks, biomedical data processing, exploitation of public research results, protection of personal data
- Fluent knowledge of written and spoken English with particular reference to the specific vocabulary
- Very good organizational skills and strong ability to work independently
- Two-year full-time position
- A vibrant and collaborative work environment in an interdisciplinary team of software developers and computer scientists, bioinformaticians and biostatisticians, data curators and data analysts, genetic epidemiologists, and ethical and legal experts
- Opportunity to work at the intersection of ethical, legal and social concerns and the progress of research in the biomedical field
- An employer that is consistently rated among the best work places in Italy
- Attractive living conditions and a high quality of life, right at the heart of one of the most exciting mountain regions in the World
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) by 30.10.2020 to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org stating "Legal expert CHRIS-2D" and their name as subject:
Institute for Biomedicine
Via Galvani 31 – 39100 Bolzano
Email: email@example.com -- www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055 500 / Fax: + 39 0471 055 599
For further information please contact Hagen Blankenburg: firstname.lastname@example.org
The CHRIS-2D project is funded by the European Regional Development Fund, program „EFRE 2014-2020", project ID FESR1157. CUP: D54I20001390008.
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: "I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings".