The Master Thesis will focus on the development of an early design tool for the yearly energy assessment of a set of heating and cooling system configurations for residential buildings.
Electrically driven heat pump systems and hybrid solutions (combinations of heat pumps, gas boilers and solar thermal collectors) will be addressed through numerical simulations carried out in TRNSYS. The simulation results are going to feed a database of system performance for different Italian locations, building typologies and energy demands, energy distribution systems and control strategies. The database will in turn be the basis to build the early design tool.
The work report will be elaborated in English.
This work is part of the EFRE-FESR BuildDOP project coordinated by the Agenzia CasaClima (Bolzano).
It is expected that the candidate will:
- model HVAC systems in TRNSYS
- develop and implement HVAC control logics for the above models
- simulate a range of systems combinations and organize the result in a structured database
- Basic knowhow in the field of heating and cooling systems for residential buildings
- Knowledge of TRNSYS simulation software
- Knowledge of oral and written English language
- The opportunity to work on a master thesis dealing with an innovative topic, contributing to improving widely used calculation tools
- The opportunity to work in a young international team in a fast-growing sector
- Working conditions which allow professional growth and know how acquisition with carrier opportunity as applied researcher
- A surrounding offering a high quality of life
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) by 24.06.2019 to the following address:
Institute for Renewable Energy
Viale Druso 1 – 39100 Bolzano
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org- www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055 600 / Fax: + 39 0471 055 699
For further information please contact Massimo D'Antoni: Tel: +39 0471 055 614
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: "I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings".