Eurac Research is looking for a
Master Student in the field of hygrothermal performance of historic buildings
The Student will join the Retrofit of Historic Buildings group within the Institute for Renewable Energies with focus on the simulation of the hygrothermal behavior of historic buildings. The main activity will be the development of a methodology for the interpretation of monitoring data with the support of hygrothermal simulation softwares. The methodology will involve the following steps: development of a numerical model, calibration of the model through the comparison with monitoring data, interpretation and generalization of the results. The Student will also be involved in the design and realization of monitoring campaigns focused on the evaluation of the hygrothermal performances of buildings.
The Student will work in collaboration with the Senior Researchers of the group within a paid internship for a period of 6 months.
· Hygrothermal dynamic modelling and simulation of building and building components with the software DELPHIN
· Monitoring data and simulation data analysis
· Numerical model calibration
· Writing of reports and publications
· Master Student in engineering or building
· Good knowledge about building physics
· Basic Knowledge in computer programming, preferably Python
· Self-confidence and capacity to meet deadlines for achieving expected results
· Ability to work independently to achieve goals
· Problem solving attitude and capacity to investigate research questions with a scientific approach
· Good knowledge of English, written and spoken
· Good knowledge of Italian or German, written and spoken
· The opportunity to work in a young international team in a fast growing sector and to collaborate with experienced researchers
· Working conditions which allow professional growth and know how acquisition with carrier opportunity as applied researcher
· A paid internship of the duration of six months.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) within 31.10.2018 to the following address:
Institute for Renewable Energy
Viale Druso 1 – 39100 Bolzano
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - www.eurac.edu
For further information please contact Marco Larcher: Tel: +39 0471 055 704
Reference Project HyLAB, CUP B83G13000420003
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: “I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings”.