The Master Thesis will focus on the evaluation of the thermal and hygrometric performances of an innovative reflective coating applied as retrofit solution on an ETICS of an existing building façade.
A reliable model will be built, describing the thermo-hygrometric behaviour of the wall using such a coating. Results from the model will be compared with the data from a monitored wall. Some experimental activity will be also performed and the material will be characterised thanks to the use of in-house laboratory's equipment.
The results of the analyses will quantify the current and foreseen impacts on the use of reflective coatings.
- Literature review on the modelling and measurement of hygro-thermal behaviour in walls and on reflective coatings
- Modelling of the reference and innovative wall renovation solutions
- Data analysis of the monitored data related to the hygro-thermal behaviour of the wall
- Model validation / calibration
- Analysis of the expected yearly trends
- Material characterisation in a dedicated lab
- Possibility to conduct a dedicated in-house measurement campaign on a couple of specimens to verify the behaviour highlighted through the data analysis of the monitored data
- Building physic advanced knowledge (better if focused hygro-thermal behavior of massive walls)
- Knowledge of oral and written English language
- Team working, motivation to learn and personal initiative
- High motivation for studies in the field of energy efficient buildings
- The opportunity to work on a master thesis dealing with an innovative topic
- The opportunity to work in a young international team in a fast-growing sector
- Working conditions which allow professional growth and know-how acquisition with career opportunity as applied researcher
- A surrounding offering a high quality of life
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) by 31.07.2019 to the following address:
Institute for Renewable Energy
Viale Druso 1 – 39100 Bolzano
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org- www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055 600 / Fax: + 39 0471 055 699
For further information please contact Stefano Avesani: Email: email@example.com; Tel: +39 0471 055 654
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: "I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings".