Eurac Research is looking for a
Master thesis student (internship) focusing on building technology design and CFD modeling
The use of monoblock window systems is increasingly widespread in the building renovation market as they allow to reduce the construction time, minimize impact on buildings’ occupants, and integrate components that enhance the global building energy performance.
This thesis project will be carried out within the framework of an on-going EU funded project, in close cooperation with relevant players from the market, such as window system and shading manufacturers, and system components producers. The main objective will be to optimize the components’ positioning within the window block in accordance with specific project constraints.
· Literature review of relevant system integration in window blocks
· Technical data sheet analysis and categorization
· Technical data base structuring
· CFD simulation to support ventilation machine positioning optimization
· Being in the final year of a master degree in Engineering (building, civil, environmental), Architecture, Industrial Design, or equivalent (only few exams to be done)
· Façade technology design skills and good knowledge of building physics (e.g. include project portfolio or diploma supplement with relevant exams and transcripts)
· Good knowledge of CAD and (preferably) 3D modeling
· Basic knowledge of CFD simulation
· Good attitude for software workaround
· Nice-to-have: knowledge of database research indexing
· Good knowledge of English, written and spoken
· Good knowledge of Italian or German, written and spoken
· Ability to work independently
· Willingness to work in a team
- The opportunity to work on a master thesis dealing with interesting and relevant topics with the support of a team of experts in the field and in close collaboration with companies in the same technical field.
- Working conditions which allow professional growth and know how acquisition, with perspective career opportunities as applied researcher or technical consultant.
- A surrounding offering a high quality of life.
- The position is available for a period of six months to allow for thesis completion
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents – e.g. project portfolio, exams transcripts) within 31.03.2018 to the following address:
Institute for Renewable Energy
Viale Druso 1 – 39100 Bolzano
Email: email@example.com - www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055 600 / Fax: + 39 0471 055 699
For further information please contact Annalisa Andaloro: Tel: +39 0471 055 714
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: “I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings”.