Eurac Research is looking for a
The Institute for Biomedicine of Eurac Research is seeking an Optometrist for the CHRIS study.
The Institute for Biomedicine is home to an international and interdisciplinary team of scientists, students and support staff, integrated in an excellent network of international and national partners. Living and working in South Tyrol allows you to experience a unique combination of alpine and Mediterranean culture right at the heart of one of the most exciting mountain regions in Europe.
The Institute for Biomedicine is running the Cooperative Health Research in South Tyrol (CHRIS) study, a population-based study on cardiometabolic and neurological health that has recruited more than 13,000 individuals and is based in the Silandro Hospital. The second phase of the study is planned to start in 2019 and will include a comprehensive eye examination, with a strong focus on retinal imaging by optical coherence tomography and confocal scanning laser ophthalmoscopy, combined with tonometry, visual acuity and contrast sensitivity testing. The Institute seeks a highly motivated optometrist with strong clinical skills to set up the novel eye examination. The work will be performed in collaboration with the Leipzig Research Centre for Civilization Diseases, Leipzig University, Germany, and is based on the Ophthalmological imaging performed within the LIFE-Adult-Study.
The advertised post offers the exciting opportunity to implement optometric skills and knowledge within epidemiology and we are therefore looking for a research minded candidate.
Institute for Biomedicine:
· Set-up the eye examination instruments for the follow-up stage of the CHRIS study.
· Prepare the standard operating procedure (SOP) protocols for the different eye examinations.
· Train the study assistants to perform the examinations.
· Support the examinations during testing phase and after the start of the study.
· Verify the quality of the data collected, including pretest, pilot study and continuous quality checks.
· Perform repeatability analyses, cross-validate results including inter-observer agreement
· Plan analysis of ophthalmological data with other CHRIS phenotypes
· Master degree in Optometry or equivalent.
· Interdisciplinary communication skills
· Organizational skills, ability to work independently
· Systematic thinking
· Skills in Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT)
· Good knowledge of either German or Italian language is required.
· Fluent in English language is beneficial.
· Previous working experience in optometry is beneficial.
· Previous working experience in clinical or population-based studies is beneficial.
· A one-year full-time position.
· A collaborative work environment with multidisciplinary teams of experts.
· Opportunity to contribute to the set-up of a high level ophthalmological imaging study.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter, reference contacts and further relevant documents) by 20.01.2019 by email to: email@example.com, with the subject: “CHRIS Optometrist”.
For further information please contact Dr. Francisco Domingues:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +39 0471 055 539
Institute for Biomedicine
Via Galvani 31
39100 Bolzano BZ, Italy
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: “I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings”.