The objective of the doctoral project is to quantify the EU space heating, cooling, and domestic hot water market within the build environment (residential, tertiary, and industrial sectors) using a consumer behaviour approach. The PhD student will perform consumer behaviour as well as micro and macroeconomic analysis to quantify the investigated market from different perspectives. Future development indications with regard to the analysed market will be performed as well.
The successful applicant will be based at Eurac Research (Bozen/Bolzano – Italy) and will be enrolled to a PhD Programme.
- Pursuing a PhD in the field of Energy Market Analysis (Consumer Behaviour).
- Keeping knowledge and skills up-to-date by participating in internal and external training courses.
- Presenting and disseminating relevant information communicating with internal and external contacts as necessary.
- Acting as a resource for other PhD students, demonstrating techniques, systems, data or methodologies if required for delivering collaborative research and training activities.
- Graduate degree at MA level (or equivalent) in economics, consumer behaviour, or engineering.
- Training in consumer behaviour, micro and macroeconomics.
- Knowledge in the field of energy is of advantage.
- Knowledge and skills to use statistical software (e.g. SPSS).
- Written and spoken English skills; Italian and German skills or willingness to learn at least one of the two languages are desired.
- Ability to work both autonomously, and in a team.
- Employment contract at Eurac Research in Bozen/Bolzano (Italy), Institute for Renewable Energy – See details at http://www.eurac.edu/en/research/technologies/renewableenergy/Pages/default.aspx
- Duration of the PhD Programme: 3 years
- Dedicated work space and young, engaged colleagues
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for career development through in-house transferrable skills courses
- A supportive PhD student community
- Attractive living conditions in the middle of the Alps
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) by 15.09.2019 to the following address:
Institute for Renewable Energy
Viale Druso 1 – 39100 Bolzano
Tel: +39 0471 055 600
For further information please contact Simon Pezzutto: email@example.com; Tel: +39 0471 055 622
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: "I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings".