Eurac Research is offering a
PhD Studentship in Molecular Medicine
The Institute for Biomedicine is a young biomedical research institution integrated in an excellent network of international and national partners. It is home to an international and interdisciplinary team of scientists, students and research support staff. Living and working in Bozen/Bolzano allows you to experience the combination of alpine and mediterranean culture and puts you at the heart of one of the most exciting mountain regions in Europe.
The Institute for Biomedicine invites, as sponsor, applications for a 3-year-scholarship to develop and complete a PhD research project on the set up of a multidimensional/multicellular model to investigate cardiac function and will be carried on in collaboration with a local company.
The full call for application to the PhD program in Molecular Medicine (XXXIV cycle), University of Parma, is available at https://www.unipr.it/didattica/post-laurea/dottorati-di-ricerca
The selected candidate will:
· Culture induced pluripotent stem cells (ipsc) and differentiate them into cardiomyocyte
· Test the growth and differentiation of ipsc-derived cardiomyocytes (ipsc-cm) on different substrates
· Set-up of 2D/3D heterocellular models (ipsc-cm co-cultures)
· Perform molecular and functional characterization of cultured ipsc-cm
· MSc (Laurea Magistrale) in Biological Sciences or related disciplines (Medicine and Medical Biotechnology)
· Good molecular and cellular biology bases
· Previous laboratory experience
· Experience in culturing iPSCs will be an advantage
· Willingness to develop external collaborations
· Good knowledge of English language. German and or Italian will be a plus.
· Italian PhD studentship salary (the candidate will need to pass the admission exam to the PhD program; the exam will be held in Italian at the University of Parma; for more information see the website: https://www.unipr.it/node/21604)
· Dedicated work space, young environment and engaged colleagues.
· A supportive PhD student community.
· Possibility to attend in-house training activities (such as seminars held by colleagues or guest researchers).
How to apply:
Further information, including how to apply for this PhD position linked to the “PhD Programme in Molecular Medicine, XXXIV cycle” of the University of Parma, is available at: https://www.unipr.it/node/21604
Only applications submitted to the University of Parma following the website instructions will be considered. The post holder will be selected through the regular university procedure for selecting PhD students.
Deadline for applications to the university: no later than 01:00 PM (Italian time) of September 4, 2018
Applicants should indicate their interest to participate to the “tema di
ricerca vincolato”:“Ingegnerizzazione del tessuto miocardico: sviluppo
di un modello multicellulare / multidimensionale per lo studio della
funzione cardiaca” ("Myocardial tissue engineering: development of a multidimensional/multicellular model to investigate cardiac function")
In addition to completing the full university selection procedure, interested candidates are asked to send their full CV to the Institute for Biomedicine of Eurac Research (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) by September 4, 2018, stating “PhD Studentship in Molecular Medicine” as subject.
Institute for Biomedicine
Via Galvani 31 – 39100 Bolzano
Email: email@example.com - www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055 500 / Fax: + 39 0471 055 599
For further information please contact Alessandra Rossini, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For the CV you send to the Institute for Biomedicine:
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: “I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings”.