The candidate is expected to complete the doctoral thesis on a topic related to the scientific work within three years and to publish high-level articles. The vacancy is part of an international collaboration program with 9 months at IREC (Barcelona, Spain) and the rest of the period at EURAC (Bolzano, Italy).
This professional must be highly skilled in mobility analytics, mobility systems, and optimization tools and algorithms implementation. Capacity to work in a team, flexible, innovative, with initiative and problem-solving skills would be valuable. High level of analytical and synthesis skills would be beneficial.
- The candidate will work in the fields of electric and sustainable mobility, in particular last mile logistics with EV, EV car sharing and optimization of e-mobility systems. The tasks to be carried out will be mainly focused on the study and optimization of smart e-mobility systems and solutions for sustainable communities
- Fulfilling all academic duties of the PhD program
- Developing and completing his/her research thesis on the topic of this call, in accordance with the tutor at IREC and the tutor at the Institute for Renewable Energy of Eurac Research
- Presenting research results in national- and international-level academic conferences
- Publishing in international peer-reviewed journals
- Master in energy engineering, industrial engineering, mathematics, operational research or equivalent
- Programming (C, Python, …)
- Knowledge of energy and mobility sectors
- Knowledge in the field of electro mobility
- Optimization algorithms
- System modelling tools
- Data Analytics
- Fluent in English. Fluent in Spanish or Italian is advantageous.
- Good communications skills in English
- Team Worker
- Initiative in Research and Innovation
- Analytical and synthesis capabilities.
- International working environment
- Dedicated work space, young environment and engaged colleagues
- A supportive PhD student community
- Possibility to attend in-house and external training activities (such as seminars held by colleagues or guest researchers)
- Salaries will be paid in accordance with the EURAC Research salary policy, depending on the candidate's qualification and professional experience
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) by 03.09.2019 to the following address:
Institute for Renewable Energy
Viale Druso 1 – 39100 Bolzano
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055 600 / Fax: + 39 0471 055 699
For further information please contact Alyona Zubaryeva: Tel: +39 0471 055 619
Reference projects of EURAC RESEARCH in the field:
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: "I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings".