Politecnico di Milano in cooperation with EURAC invites applications for a PhD position in the "ABCPhD Doctoral Program in architecture built environment and construction engineering".
This PhD will be a part of the Interreg Italy-Switzerland research "BIPV meets History" that aims at creating new business perspectives for the building integrated photovoltaics (BIPV) industry in the renovation of historic buildings in the transnational IT-CH area.
The PhD research aims at investigating BIPV systems and technologies applicable to historical buildings and heritage landscapes. The project will gather exemplary case studies from the industry and implementation point of view in order to define criteria and guidance tools to promote BIPV diffusion. This will meet the requirements of local, national and European policies while respecting the heritage and landscape values of the territory. The approach is based on the complementarity between PA, research and MPMI of construction and PV sectors that will open new markets and offer interesting financial and productive profits to all agents in the chain value.
- Literature review (legislative, normative, and procedural context)
- Collection of case studies and BIPV products
- Use of BIPV simulation tools, building energy software
- Energy, economical and environmental assessment of BIPV systems
- Participation at working tables with the stakeholders of the project
- Interviews and surveys with the stakeholders of the project
- Development of a platform on BIPV technologies, companies and case studies
- Development of criteria, guidelines and guidance tools on BIPV integration in heritage contexts
- Involvement of users to increase the awareness and eliminate barriers for the diffusion of BIPV technologies
- Presenting research results in national- and international-level academic conferences
- Publishing in international peer-reviewed journals
- Applying for national and international research grants
- Knowledge of building physics
- Building modelling, energy dynamic simulation, optimization strategies
- Comprehension of conservation principles
- Familiarity with RES integrated in building system
- Ability to work both autonomously, and in a team
- Good knowledge of Italian language
- Excellent written and spoken English skills; German skills are desired
- Dedicated work space and young, engaged colleagues
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for career development through in-house transferable skills courses
- A supportive PhD student community
- Attractive living conditions in the middle of the Alps
How to apply:
Further information, including how to apply for this PhD position, is available at: http://www.dottorato.polimi.it/entra-al-dottorato/concorso-di-ammissione-e-borse-di-studio/bandi/bandi-aggiuntivi-xxxv-ciclo/
Only applications submitted to the university will be considered. The post holder will be selected through the regular university procedure for selecting PhD students.
Deadline for applications to the university: 9th of September 2019
In addition to completing the full university selection procedure, interested candidates are asked to send their full CV to the Institute for Renewable Energy by e-mail to: Arch. PhD Elena Lucchi, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: "I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings".