We are looking for a researcher in the field of energy efficient and flexible buildings that will mainly work on the definition and assessment of technical solutions for high efficient constructions.
The aim of the new researcher will be to collaborate within the projects and the activities of the Energy Efficient Buildings Group, with a focus on the definition and analysis of the solution sets for reaching the plus Energy House and high indoor environmental quality targets in different climate contexts across Europe.
The researcher will work on:
- The definition of metrics and indicators for characterising Plus Energy Houses
- The set-up and perform of modelling and simulation activity for assessing the performances of different solutions sets across Europe
- The preparation of parametric models for fine-tuning and optimising the solution sets according to different boundary conditions across EU
- The evaluation of the flexibility potential of each solution set with a special focus on the energy demand profile according to external forcing factors (i.e. availability of renewable energy available on site, CO2 content of the energy mix)
- The evaluation of the cost-optimality of the solution sets during the life cycle, with a focus on the increased building value due to energy efficiency
- Technical degree and preferably PhD (Engineering, Physics or equivalent)
- Knowledge on building physics
- Experience in building simulations and parametric modelling with transient tools (i.e. TRNSYS or Energy Plus or equivalent)
- Knowledge of construction and technology solutions of energy efficient buildings
- Ability to carry out the activities autonomously with a constant collaboration with the team
- Excellent written and spoken English skills; knowledge of either Italian or German (both is a plus)
- Knowledge of technical-economic analysis and property value estimation
- The chance to work with local and international research centres, universities and industry partners
- The opportunity to work in a young international team in a fast growing sector
- Working conditions which allow professional growth and know how acquisition with carrier opportunity as applied researcher
- The position is initially available for a period of three years with the concrete possibility to be extended towards a permanent contract.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) by 15.11.2019 to the following address:
Institute for Renewable Energy
Viale Druso 1 – 39100 Bolzano
Email: email@example.com - www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055 600 / Fax: + 39 0471 055 699
For further information please contact Roberto Lollini: Tel: +39 0471 055 650
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: "I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings".