The Institute for Biomedicine at Eurac Research in Bolzano/Bozen is conducting research in the fields of biomedicine, with a focus on neurodegeneration and cardiovascular medicine, integrating genetics and epidemiology data with functional characterization of molecular disease mechanisms with the view to clinical application of research findings. As part of the focus of the Biology of Cardiac Health and Disease Group, we are investigating the molecular targets of genetic cardiovascular diseases leading to cardiac arrhythmias. Cardiomyocytes (CMs) derived from induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) of affected individuals are used as in vitro model for molecular biology and electrophysiology experiments.
The Institute is participating in the Interreg Italia-Österreich project "INnovative therapies for the cure of Cardiovascular disease" (INCardio, project code ITAT1047), dedicated to exploring the action of compounds capable of modulating cardiac function and electrical activity. Cardiomyocytes derived from induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) will be used to reintroduce the human context in the early stages of drug research. The research network comprises of partners in Trieste, Innsbruck, and Klagenfurt. In the context of this project, a position for 2 years as senior researcher is offered. The position is partly funded by the INTERREG project mentioned above and open to researchers that have a PhD in the field of cardiac cell biology and/or physiology.
The following tasks are foreseen:
- iPSCs culture and cardiomyogenic differentiation
- iPSC-derived cardiomyocytes characterization (Real Time / Digital PCR, Western Blot, confocal microscopy, FACS, High Resolution Respirometry…)
- Multi-electrode arrays assays
- Single cell electrophysiology (patch-clamp)
- Data evaluation and interpretation
- Manuscript and grant writing
In addition, the selected applicant will be involved in workshops and seminars with project partners in Italy and abroad.
- PhD title in cardiac cell biology / physiology or related disciplines
- Standard cell biology skills
- Experience with IPSC-derived cardiomyocytes will be an advantage
- Experience with patch-clamp technique and / or MEA assay will be an advantage
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Familiarity with biostatistics concepts
- Good team working skills
- Possibility to start the job as soon as possible (before the end of 2020)
- An innovative and multidisciplinary research environment
- A two year contract
- Salary proportional to experience
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) by 31.10.2020 via Email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating "Post Doc Researcher Cardiac Biology" as subject:
Institute for Biomedicine
Via Galvani 31 – 39100 Bolzano, Italy
Email: email@example.com- www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055 500 / Fax: + 39 0471 055 599
For further information please contact Alessandra Rossini:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +39 0471 055 500
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: "I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings".