Eurac Research is looking for a highly skilled and motivated post-doctoral researcher with expertise in indoor air quality (IAQ) and ventilation. The successful candidate will perform simulations and experimental work, collaborate with industrial partners, support the acquisition and management of research projects, supervise students, and write scientific publications.
In their cover letter, candidates are expected to explain:
- how they meet the following requirements, and
- why they would like to join Eurac Research and perform the following tasks
- to perform building airflow simulations to analyze ventilation effectiveness, contaminant concentration and person exposure
- to design and conduct laboratory experiments and on field measurements on indoor air quality
- to assess co-benefits, life cycle impact on economic, environmental and social aspects related to indoor air quality solutions
- to collaborate with industry in product developments and design
- to acquire and manage research projects
- to supervise Master (and PhD co-supervision) students and internships
- to write and contribute to scientific papers
- PhD in Engineering with a focus on IAQ and ventilation, or equivalent relevant research experience
- Proven experience in buildings performance analysis (especially in dynamic thermal simulations with TRNSYS or EnergyPlus, and CFD simulations)
- Previous experience with Python (or similar such as R, Java or C++) is highly desirable
- Nice-to-have: some Modelica experience
- Previous experience with airflow simulation in Trnflow, Contam or similar is desirable, but not essential
- Previous experience with peer-reviewed publications
- Basic experience with proposal writing and student (Msc, PhD) supervision is desirable, but not essential
- Expertise in planning and management of research activities
- Very good knowledge of English, written and spoken
- Good knowledge of Italian or German, written and spoken is desirable, but not essential
- Ability to work independently and in team
- Proactive attitude, and attitude to cross-contamination in a multi-disciplinary research team
- The position is initially available for a period of three years with the possibility to be become permanent and is to be filled as soon as possible.
- Working conditions which allow professional growth and know how acquisition with carrier opportunity as applied researcher.
- The chance to work with local and international research centres, universities, and industry partners
- The opportunity to work in a young international team in a fast-growing sector
- A surrounding offering a high quality of life.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) within 31.05.2019 to the following address:
Institute for Renewable Energy
Viale Druso 1 – 39100 Bolzano
Email: email@example.com - www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055600 / Fax: + 39 0471 055699
For further information please contact Francesco Babich: email: Francesco.firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +39 0471 055 678
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: "I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings".