Eurac Research is seeking to appoint an outstanding Postdoctoral researcher (or with equivalent experience) with expertise in indoor air quality (IAQ) and ventilation measurements. The successful candidate will be based in the Energy Efficient Building (EEB) group within the Indoor Environmental Quality (IEQ) and Ventilation Team.
The main tasks will include air quality and ventilation measurements in labs and real buildings, data analysis, comfort and health assessment in collaboration with the projects' team and partners. Previous experience with EN 717-1:2004 (test chamber for determination of formaldehyde release) is a significant advantage.
The successful candidate will work on international research projects such as H2020 MEZeroE (to be started in 2021), collaborate with industrial partners, support the acquisition and management of new research projects, supervise students, and write scientific publications.
In their cover letter, candidates are expected to explain:
- how they meet the following requirements, and
- why they would like to join Eurac Research and perform the following tasks
- to design and conduct laboratory experiments and field measurements on air quality and ventilation
- to collaborate with project partners
- to collaborate with industry in product development and design
- to support the acquisition and management of research projects
- to supervise Master (and PhD co-supervision) students and internships
- to write scientific publications and project reports (deliverables, etc.)
- to engage with wider dissemination of the results
- PhD with a focus on IAQ and ventilation measurements, or equivalent experience (also gained in industrial sector)
- Previous experience with EN 717-1:2004 (test chamber for determination of formaldehyde release) is a significant advantage.
- Previous experience with Python (or similar such as R, Java or C++) is highly desirable
- Basic experience with proposal writing and student supervision is desirable, but not essential
- Very good knowledge of English, written and spoken; Italian or German are desirable, but not essential
- Previous experience with peer-reviewed publications
- Ability to work independently and in team
- Proactive attitude, and attitude to cross-contamination in a multi-disciplinary research team
- The position is initially available with a fixed-term contract with the possibility to be become permanent
- Working conditions which allow professional growth and know how acquisition with carrier opportunity as applied researcher.
- The chance to work with local and international research centres, universities, and industry partners
- The opportunity to work in a young international team in a fast-growing sector
- A surrounding offering a high quality of life.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) within 31.10.2020 to the following address:
Institute for Renewable Energy
Viale Druso 1 – 39100 Bolzano
Email: email@example.com- www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055 600 / Fax: + 39 0471 055 699
For further information please contact Francesco Babich: email: Francesco.firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +39 0471 055 678
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: "I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings".