Short description of the position/project:
A 2-year postdoc position is available at the Eurac Research Institute for Biomedicine in Bolzano/Bozen (Italy), within the HyperProfile project. Recently funded by the Autonomous Province of Bozen/Bolzano, the HyperProfile project will investigate the molecular mechanisms underlying uncontrolled and treatment resistant hypertension. The study will investigate the behavior of circulating levels of renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system (RAAS) biomarkers and adrenal corticosteroids in relation to anti-hypertensive treatment, genetic background and life style. The HyperProfile study is nested within the Cooperative Health Research In South Tyrol (CHRIS) study, a longitudinal population-based study on >13,000 individuals from Val Venosta/Vinschgau. Extensive molecular phenotypes, genetic data, and health-related information is available from multiple sources.
The post holder will work within a high profile team of biostatisticians and genetic epidemiologists at Eurac Research and will collaborate with an international network of top-level experts in the molecular epidemiology of hypertension. He/she will be responsible for data quality control, statistical analysis, model development and manuscript writing. The position requires a highly dynamic, interactive and communicative attitude.
Eurac Research is an applied research center located in Bolzano/Bozen, South Tyrol, Italy. The Eurac Research Institute for Biomedicine is home to an international and interdisciplinary team of scientists, students and support staff, integrated in an excellent network of international and national partners. Eurac Research ranks 35th among the best work places in Italy and offers many opportunities in combining work and social activities. Living and working in Bozen/Bolzano allows experiencing a unique combination of Alpine and Mediterranean culture right at the heart of one of the most exciting mountain regions in Europe.
- To perform exploratory data analysis on molecular biomarkers
- To derive polygenic risk scores
- To develop predictive models using state of the art methods
- To collaborate in results interpretation and paper writing
- PhD degree in Statistics/Biostatistics/Bioinformatics or a related quantitative or biological subject with proven competence in Statistics
- Experience with predictive models or machine learning methods
- Good knowledge of the R package and the Linux/Unix environment, with proven scripting ability
- Ability to work in team and in an interdisciplinary environment
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Good publication record
- Molecular biology or genetics knowledge is not necessary but is a plus
- A two-year full-time position, starting on January 2021
- The opportunity to work on a large and well-characterized molecular epidemiology study
- Working within a high level international scientific network
- Access to cutting-edge data and computational resources
- Attractive living and working conditions
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and reference contacts) within 11.10.2020 via email to email@example.com stating "Postdoctoral Researcher in Biostatistics" as subject. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Institute for Biomedicine
Via Galvani 31 – 39100 Bolzano, Italy
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org- www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055 500 / Fax: + 39 0471 055 599
For further information please contact Cristian Pattaro email@example.com
This position is funded by a Research Südtirol/Alto Adige 2019 grant, project number ORBZ190211 – HyperProfile, CUP: D52F19000130003.
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: "I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings".