Eurac Research is looking for a
Researcher in Metabolomics
The Institute for Biomedicine is seeking a highly motivated researcher to join the metabolomics team.
The Institute for Biomedicine is a young biomedical research institution integrated in an excellent network of international and national partners. It is home to an international and interdisciplinary team of scientists, students and research support staff. Living and working in Bozen/Bolzano allows you to experience the combination of alpine and mediterranean culture and puts you at the heart of one of the most exciting mountain regions in Europe.
The metabolomics group is focused on molecular (deep) phenotyping on the population level as well as clinical applications of metabolomics. In addition, we provide scientific input and support of the main areas of research of the other scientific groups within the institute as applicable.
Our laboratory includes state of the art LC-QqQ and LC-Qtof instruments as well as a liquid handling robot for sample processing. We do both large scale data generation (1000s of samples) as well as smaller studies (100s of samples or smaller) and therefore the laboratory needs to be operational at all times in terms of instrument maintenance, consumables and staff.
We are currently looking for a researcher that can take over as much as possible the daily operation of the metabolomics laboratory. We encourage candidates with both M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees to apply as the role of the successful candidate will in part depend on the experience that they have.
· Ensure that the instruments are in good working order, including preventive maintenance as needed and basic troubleshooting.
· Ensure data generation is executed in a timely manner.
· Ensure that consumables for projects are ordered in a timely manner.
Additional tasks depending on the experience of the successful candidate:
· Contribute to the dissemination of the results of the data generation such as manuscript preparation.
· Ensure that the data generation part of projects (including staff requirements, consumables, etc.) are adequately planned for during the initialization process.
· Initiate or participate in the planning of new research projects including grant applications.
· Ensure the appropriate training of staff and scientist working with the instruments.
· M.Sc. / Ph.D. in analytical chemistry focusing on mass spectrometry or a related field.
· A minimum of 2 years experience in quantitative LC-MS involving biological matrixes and including sample preparation with techniques such as SPE. More experience is preferred.
· Fluency in either Italian or German.
· Good working knowledge of spoken English, higher proficiency is preferred.
Good to have:
· Experience with metabolomics, both targeted and untargeted.
One or two year contract depending on experience – renewable.
An open and collaborative work environment.
Salary proportional to experience.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) within 07.04.2018 via Email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating “Researcher Metabolomics” as subject:
Institute for Biomedicine
Via Galvani 31 – 39100 Bolzano
Email: email@example.com - www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055 500 / Fax: + 39 0471 055 599
For further information please contact Sigurdur Smarason. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +39 0471 055 537
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: “I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings”.