Eurac Research is looking for a
Researcher in the field of Sustainable Heating and Cooling systems
The focus of the activities is on the dynamic simulation of sustainable thermal plants used for buildings’ heating and cooling.
The candidate will be included in the sustainable heating and cooling research group and will collaborate with a senior researcher to the design of thermal plants and to definition of the related control strategies, through simulation results. Moreover, it is foreseen that the simulation results are compared to real-size installations.
The job will be elaborated in the context of the H2020 funded project Hybuild, dealing with hybrid storage solutions for solar driven heating and cooling systems covering thermal needs of residential buildings in the Mediterranean climate.
Being involved in the elaboration of a H2020 project, the candidate will also work in collaboration with European partners.
· Setup of TRNSYS decks and simulation of sustainable heating and cooling systems dedicated to heating and cooling residential buildings.
· Analysis of data from TRNSYS simulations
· Analysis of monitoring data and comparison with simulation results
· Master degree in engineering or physics
· Sound experience in TRNSYS simulations, preferably in the field of space heating and cooling systems
· Background in sustainable heating systems analysis and planning
· Language skills: excellent written and spoken English, knowledge of Italian or German.
· Ability to work both autonomously, and in a team
The chance to work with local and international research centres and industry partners
The opportunity to work in a young international team in a fast growing sector
Working conditions which allow professional growth and know how acquisition with carrier opportunity as applied researcher
The position is initially available for a period of one year, and might lead to a PhD position.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) within 17.04.2018 to the following address:
Institute for Renewable Energy
Viale Druso 1 – 39100 Bolzano
Email: email@example.com - www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055 600 / Fax: + 39 0471 055 699
For further information please contact Roberto Fedrizzi: Tel: +39 0471 055 610
Project: H2020 – Hybuild; D51I17000170006
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: “I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings”.