The Institute for Renewable energy of Eurac Research is involved in a range of research projects dealing with the design and control of innovative heating and cooling systems for multifamily residential buildings, exploiting a combination of compression heat pumps and solar thermal and/or PV panels.
The storage capacity associated with centralized thermal and electric storages and small thermal storage tanks installed in individual dwellings can be exploited in order to optimize renewables self-consumption and minimize the energy drawn from the electric grid.
The researcher will contribute to designing innovative heating and cooling systems through simulation models and to developing advanced control algorithms for their smart management. Simulations will be run to elaborate and countercheck the controllers' performance.
This work will be part of the H2020-Cultural-E and H2020-Heart projects and it will be carried out in close collaboration with the senior researchers responsible.
It is expected that the candidate will:
- Develop numerical models in TRNSYS and run simulations of heating and cooling systems for multifamily houses, devoted to the optimal integration and sizing of the single components.
- Technical degree in engineering or physics;
- Knowledge in TRNSYS programming language;
- Basic knowledge in thermodynamics and heating and cooling systems;
- Basic knowledge in control theory;
- Excellent written and spoken English skills; knowledge of either Italian or German (both is a plus).
- The opportunity to work on innovative topics, in collaboration with innovative companies, contributing to the development of advanced systems and products delivering sustainable heating and cooling to multifamily houses;
- The opportunity to work in a young international team in a fast-growing sector;
- Working conditions which allow professional growth and know-how acquisition with career opportunity as applied researcher;
- A surrounding offering a high quality of life;
- The Institute for Renewable Energy of Eurac Research is located at the NOI Techpark: https://noi.bz.it/en
- The position is initially offered for a period of one year with the concrete possibility to be extended towards a permanent contract.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) by 05.06.2020 to the following address:
Institute for Renewable Energy
Viale Druso 1 – 39100 Bolzano
Email: email@example.com - www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055 600 / Fax: + 39 0471 055 699
For further information please contact Roberto Fedrizzi: Tel: +39 0471 055 610
Project CULTURAL-E (Climate and cultural based design and market valuable technology solutions for Plus Energy Houses)
Grant Agreement n° 870072
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: "I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings".