We are looking for a researcher in the field of energy efficient buildings, with a focus on the definition of novel envelope technologies for building retrofitting. The resource will mainly work on ongoing research projects at the institute, contributing in single tasks related to technology design, construction engineering and construction process.
The main activity focus of the new researcher will be to collaborate within the projects and the activities of the Energy Efficient Buildings Group, with a focus on the definition of complex and multifunctional prefabricated envelope systems for building retrofit. Part of the activities will also be dedicated to the development of a cost engineering tool to support the design of façade systems and the construction of a timber prefabricated façade database for research purposes.
The researcher will work on:
- Technology detailing, 2D concepts and sketching, 3D modeling for novel envelope solutions to be applied to existing buildings
- Cost analysis and energy simulations of the developed technical solutions
- Multiple-benefit evaluation of the proposed technical solutions, including the increased building value after renovation
- Timber based façade database construction, for both existing and new buildings
- Technical degree or PhD (Engineering, Physics or equivalent)
- Knowledge on building physics (at least base level)
- Knowledge of construction and technology solutions regarding energy efficient buildings
- Knowledge of technical-economic analysis and property value estimation (at least base level)
- Experience in building simulations and parametric modelling with transient tools (i.e. TRNSYS or Energy Plus or equivalent) is a plus
- Knowledge of timber construction systems currently on the market and experience in timber construction design are a plus
- Ability to carry out the activities autonomously with a constant collaboration with the team
- Excellent written and spoken English skills; knowledge of either Italian or German (both is a plus)
- The chance to work with local and international research centres, universities and industry partners
- The opportunity to work in a young international team in a fast growing sector
- Working conditions which allow professional growth and know how acquisition with career opportunities as applied researcher
- The position is initially available for a period of one year with the strong possibility to be extended towards a three-year contract.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) by 17.12.2019 to the following address:
Institute for Renewable Energy
Viale Druso 1 – 39100 Bolzano
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055 600 / Fax: + 39 0471 055 699
For further information please contact Roberto Lollini: Tel: +39 0471 055 650
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: "I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings".