Eurac Research is looking for a motivated researcher with a background in engineering, and some experience with programming, data analysis, and experimental work. The activities will be focused on indoor environmental quality (IEQ) and ventilation. The successful candidate will conduct experimental work and field studies, perform the data analysis, develop simple programs for data post-processing and visualization, and be involved in local and international research and industry projects.
In their cover letter, candidates are expected to explain:
- how they meet the following requirements, and
- why they would like to join Eurac Research and perform the tasks reported in the following.
- To support on-field measurements and laboratory tests setup
- To conduct field survey on IEQ evaluation
- To perform data analysis on building monitoring data and IEQ surveys
- To perform building modelling and performance simulations
- To develop, test and document open source code to perform simplified calculations for IAQ and ventilation, process user data input and present data output to the user
- to participate to local and international project workshops and dissemination events towards industry and citizens
- MSc in Engineering (Energy, Mechanical, Building) or equivalent
- Previous experience with comfort, IAQ and ventilation analysis is desirable, but not essential
- Basic experience in buildings performance simulations (especially in dynamic thermal simulations with TRNSYS or EnergyPlus, and CFD simulations) is desirable, but not essential
- Proven programming experience (at least one of the followings: Python, R, Java, C++) and willingness to enhance the programming skills
- Expertise in planning and management of research activities
- Good knowledge of English and Italian, written and spoken
- Good knowledge of German, written and spoken, is desirable, but not essential
- Ability to work independently and in team
- The position is initially available for a period of three years with the possibility to become permanent and is to be filled as soon as possible.
- Working conditions which allow professional growth and know how acquisition with carrier opportunity as applied researcher.
- The chance to work with local and international research centres, universities, and industry partners
- The opportunity to work in a young international team in a fast-growing sector
- A surrounding offering a high quality of life.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) within 31.05.2019 to the following address:
Institute for Renewable Energy
Viale Druso 1 – 39100 Bolzano
Email: email@example.com - www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055600 / Fax: + 39 0471 055699
For further information please contact Francesco Babich: email: Francesco.firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +39 0471 055 678
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: "I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings".