Eurac Research is looking for a
Researcher in the field ofsustainable historic buildings
The candidate will work within the research group “ENERGY RETROFIT OF HISTORIC BUILDINGS” and will focus, within a multidisciplinary team consisting of architects, engineers and conservators, on the development of conservation compatible energy retrofit solutions and building simulation. “Historic building” in this context is understood as any building with architectural or historic value, be it listed or not.
The activities include building modelling and simulation, development of envelope concepts and technology solutions, in cooperation with industry as well as within EU cooperation research projects. They will also be linked to on-site monitoring and activities in the hygrothermal testing lab of the research group, as well as integrated in larger research projects with the other research groups of the institute.
· Develop energy saving concepts and solutions in a multi-objective context (energy demand, historic value, user comfort, sustainability)
· Model components, buildings and HVAC systems
· Assess life cycle and environmental sustainability aspects
· Analyze monitoring data and compare them with simulation results.
· Write and contribute to scientific articles
· Mentor master students and PhD students
· Acquire and manage research projects
· Represent the institute in relevant networks, working groups and commissions
· Technical PhD (Engineering, Architecture, Physics or equivalent) or relevant research experience
· Sound experience in buildings performance evaluation
(especially in dynamic simulations with TRNSYS, energyplus or equivalent)
· Experience with or strong interest in historic buildings
· Knowledge of building technologies for retrofitting
· Expertise in planning and management of RTD activities
· Ability to work both autonomously, and in a team
· Excellent knowledge of English, written and spoken
· Good knowledge of Italian and/or German, written and spoken
The chance to work with local and international research centres and industry partners
The opportunity to work in a young international team in a fast growing sector
Working conditions which allow professional growth and know how acquisition with carrier opportunity as applied researcher
A surrounding offering a high quality of life. Offices and laboratories are located in the 2017 inaugurated NOI TechPark
The position is initially available for a period of three years with the possibility to be continued as open-ended and is to be filled as soon as possible.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) within 15.05.2019 to the following address:
Institute for Renewable Energy
Viale Druso 1 – 39100 Bolzano
Email: email@example.com - www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055 650 / Fax: + 39 0471 055 699
For further information please contact Alexandra Troi: Tel: +39 0471 055 602
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: “I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings”.