The Institute for Biomedicine is home to an international and interdisciplinary team of scientists, students and support staff, integrated in an excellent network of international and national partners. Living and working in Bozen/Bolzano allows you to experience a unique combination of alpine and Mediterranean culture right at the heart of one of the most exciting mountain regions in Europe.
At the Institute for Biomedicine we are performing biomedical research into how the origin and the development of diseases are influenced by genetic disposition, by environmental factors and by individual lifestyles, with a focus on brain, heart and metabolic health.
For our administrative team we are looking for a highly motivated staff member to be responsible for science communication, who will support the Institute in the implementation and further development of all communication activities in addition to raising the profile of the Institute on a local, national and international level.
- Communication of the Institute's research projects and results and events via various communication channels
- Conception, implementation and independent editorial support of the Institute's website and all social media activities including their success monitoring
- In close cooperation with Eurac Research department of Science Communication, help in content creation for press releases on scientific results and events, as well as production of informative media for public relations (texts, videos, interviews, print and web products)
- Planning and implementation of visitor programmes and events for the public
- University degree in relevant disciplines (natural sciences, communication sciences, public relations)
- Experience in the print media, radio/television or in public relations (preferably in the scientific sector with a focus on health research)
- Experience in the creation of print materials and with the use of social media
- Experience in content development and maintenance of websites
- Experience in project management as well as in the planning and implementation of events
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present complex issues in a comprehensible and target group-oriented manner
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office, Word Press
- Very good written and spoken knowledge of Italian, German and English
- Excellent social competence, ability to work in a team and high stress resistance
- Structured, motivated and independent work
- Experience in life science communication is an advantage
- Class B driving licence
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) within 12.07.2020 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating "Science Communication Specialist" as subject:
Institute for Biomedicine
Via Galvani 31 – 39100 Bolzano, Italy
Email: email@example.com- www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055 500 / Fax: + 39 0471 055 599
For further information please contact Vera Amon: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: "I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings".