The Institute for Renewable Energy performs applied research in the field of sustainable energy transition for cities and regions. In particular the holistic approach to the mitigation and adaptation of climate change is one of the focuses of the research group in Urban end Regional Energy Systems.
We are looking for a highly motivated researcher in the field of Environmental Engineering, Energy and Microclimate, that will be able to work on current and future applied research projects. The activity of the researcher will support:
- Existing data recognition, harmonization, fusion, enrichment and analysis of environmental variables at urban and regional scale (i.e. climate, air quality, Copernicus, etc.);
- The modeling of urban and regional environments also in view of the development of value-added services;
- The monitoring of environmental variables at urban and regional scales also supporting the prototyping of monitoring systems;
- The development of KPIs frameworks also in relation to the nexus Energy, Water and Food.
- The candidate will be involved in applied research international projects and consultancy services;
- Work in an international environment in partnership with public authorities, companies, universities and civil society;
- Elaborate project proposals and lead projects in relevant sectors;
- Perform quantitative analysis;
- Support the drafting and publication of reports;
- Contribute to and write scientific articles;
- Contribute to communication, information and dissemination tasks within the projects.
- Participate to international meetings, conferences and workshops.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with:
- PhD in a related discipline such as engineering or similar;
- Analytical, numerical and problem solving attitude;
- Three to five years' experience of working on innovative topics, including energy;
- Knowledge of modelling, Geographical Information Systems, geo-statistics;
- Knowledge of database management;
- Knowledge of programming in software languages;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, e.g. minute taking, drafting reports and delivering presentations to audiences at a variety of levels;
- Readiness for travel;
- A very good command of English (reading, writing and speaking);
- Knowledge of Italian and/or German is an advantage;
- The position is initially limited to a period of 3 years with possibility of extension;
- Interesting activity in cooperation with local and international research and industry partners;
- Opportunity to work in a motivated international team in a growing sector;
- Working conditions which allow professional growth and know-how acquisition with career opportunity as applied researcher;
- A surrounding offering a high quality of life;
- Eurac Research has been elected among the best work places in Italy and offers many opportunities in combining work and family activities.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) by 03.07.2020 to the following address:
Institute for Renewable Energy
Viale Druso 1 – 39100 Bolzano
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055 055 / Fax: + 39 0471 055 099
For further information please contact Daniele Vettorato: Tel: +39 0471 055 461
The position is opened also in the framework of the EC: GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER 869505 — VARCITIES; GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER — 774094 — STARDUST.
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: "I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings".