Eurac Research is looking for a
Senior researcher in cardiovascular genetics
A position as researcher in cardiovascular genetics is offered at the Institute for Biomedicine of Eurac Research. By exploiting rich datasets from large population-based studies, clinical studies, and genetic consortia, the researcher will drive translational research in health and disease aimed at developing functional models.
At the Institute for Biomedicine we are focused on understanding the genetic and molecular basis of disease onset and progression in the broad areas of neuromedicine and cardiovascular medicine. The activities of the Cardiovascular Medicine Group include the investigation of new genetic/epigenetic mechanisms responsible for regulation of cardiovascular pathophysiology.
· Interpretation and downstream characterization of genetic association study results, including family aggregation studies, in terms of cardiovascular pathophysiology
· Setting up of functional assays
· At least 2 years post-doc activity in human cardiovascular genetics, functional genomics, molecular biology or related topics
· Strong understanding of human cardiovascular disease
· Training and experience in genomics (GWAS, exome/DNA-seq, RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, etc.)
· Experience with functional model systems (e.g., human induced pluripotent stem cells, gene editing)
· Familiarity with fundamental biostatistics concepts
• An innovative and multidisciplinary research environment
• The possibility to develop and independently conduct research within the group’s strategic program
• One or two year contract, depending on experience; renewable
• Salary proportional to experience
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and reference contacts) within 22.12.2017 via Email to email@example.com stating “Senior Researcher Cardiovascular Genetics” as subject:
Institute for Biomedicine
Via Galvani 31 – 39100 Bolzano
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055 500 / Fax: + 39 0471 055 599
For further information please contact Alessandra Rossini: Email: email@example.com Tel: +39 0471 055 500
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: “I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings”.