Eurac Research is looking for a
Senior researcher in the field of energy efficiency in industrial processes
The Institute for Renewable Energy performs applied research on energy efficiency in industrial processes. The activity ranges within conceptual design, modeling, measuring, technology scouting and economic rational assessment.
The work’s aim is to support stakeholders (industry, technology providers, energy consultants) defining and demonstrating energy efficiency and RES implementation measures, when implemented in industrial processes.
We are looking for a senior researcher with sound experience in the industrial and energy efficiency sectors. The job implies daily work within the “Sustainable heating and cooling systems” research team – including tutoring master and PhD students –, interaction with external research groups, contribution to commisisoned and collaborative projects (EU frameworks, such as H2020, Interreg, etc.), and acquisition of R&D and commissioned projects.
· Analysis and monitoring of energy fluxes in industrial processes for energy audits and 50001 certification.
· Design and elaboration of energy efficiency measures for industrial processes.
· Management of commissioned and collaborative research projects.
· Writing of research project proposals.
· Contribution to the strategic vision, planning and management of RTD activities of the “Sustainable heating and cooling systems” team.
· PhD in engineering disciplines or equivalent experience.
· Sound applied experience in the industrial sector, achieved through plants modeling and monitoring.
· Expertise in modeling and implementation of energy efficiency measures in industrial processes.
· R&D activity organization and managing expertise.
· Very good knowledge of English, written and spoken.
· Good knowledge of Italian or German, written and spoken.
• Interesting activity in cooperation with local and international research and industry partners.
• Opportunity to work in a motivated international team in a growing sector.
• Working conditions which allow professional growth and know-how acquisition with career opportunity as applied researcher.
• A surrounding offering a high quality of life.
• Eurac has been elected among the 35 best work places in Italy and offers many opportunities in combining work and family activities.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) within 15.03.2019 to the following address:
Institute for Renewable Energy
Viale Druso 1 – 39100 Bolzano
Email: email@example.com - www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055 600 / Fax: + 39 0471 055 699
For further information please contact Roberto Fedrizzi: Tel: +39 0471 055 610
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: “I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings”.