Short description of the position/project:
We are looking for an outstanding senior researcher in the field of energy efficient and flexible buildings with a good knowledge of innovative building technologies and advanced simulation skills.
You will be based in the Energy Efficient Building research Group, and will contribute to the projects and the activities focused on the performance assessment of user-centred smart solutions for the building system, through modelling and simulation activity, for improving the level of energy efficiency and energy flexibility. You will also need to have management skills to coordinate a small team, cover responsibility roles in research projects performed with national and international partners (e.g. coordination of research tasks and leadership of work packages), following the acquisition and implementation of commissioned (third-party commercial) projects, supervise junior researchers and internships. You will also contribute to the definition of the research agenda of the EEB group and promote the dissemination of the research results (peer-review publications, conferences, seminars, etc.)
- Definition of metrics and indicators for characterising smart and plus energy buildings
- Set-up and development of the simulation activity for assessing the performances of different solutions sets for smart and plus energy buildings
- Evaluation of the flexibility potential of solution sets with a special focus on the energy demand profile according to external forcing factors (i.e. availability of renewable energy available on site, CO2 content of the energy mix)
- Evaluation of the cost-optimal solution sets during the whole life cycle with a focus on the increased building value due to the elevated energy efficiency and indoor environmental quality achieved
- Coordination and management of the activities within the research projects of the Energy Efficient Building group as agreed with the Group Leader
- Supervision of PhD research works
- Peer-reviewed publications and other dissemination activities
- Technical degree and PhD or equivalent research experience (Engineering, Physics or equivalent)
- Experience in coordination of small working teams and research activities
- Experience in project acquisitions
- Advanced experience in building simulations and parametric modelling with dynamic tools (e.g. TRNSYS or Energy Plus or equivalent)
- Knowledge on construction elements, systems, and technical solutions for energy efficient buildings (nZEBs, plus energy houses, smart buildings)
- Capability to define a research agenda (please attach a 1-page outline describing the main points and how these would fit with EEB group and Eurac activities)
- Excellent written and spoken English skills and as a major plus knowledge of Italian or German
- Nice-to-have: knowledge of technical-economic analysis for buildings and property value estimation
- The chance to work with local and international research centres and industry partners
- The opportunity to work in a young international team in a fast, growing sector
- Working conditions which allow professional growth and know how acquisition with carrier opportunity as applied researcher
- A surrounding offering a high quality of life.
The position is initially available for a period of three years with the concrete possibility to be extended towards a permanent contract.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter including a description of the most important topics the candidate would like to develop to contribute to research group agenda) and further relevant documents) within 30.09.2020 to the following address:
Institute for Renewable Energy
Viale Druso 1 – 39100 Bolzano
Email: email@example.com www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055600 / Fax: + 39 0471 055699
For further information please contact Roberto Lollini: email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +39 0471 055 650
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: "I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings".