Eurac Research is an interdisciplinary research centre located in Bolzano, Italy. At the Center for Sensing Solutions (CSS) we develop instrumented prototypes for monitoring several types of environments.
One of the main goals of the Laboratory is to develop sensing solution prototypes combining electronics, sensors and platforms for monitoring different environments. We develop them on demand of specific innovation projects or customer request, which will exploit different acquisition systems combined with external data sources. Therefore, Eurac research is looking for a sensor system developer (technician).
- To develop sensor system prototypes installed on different platforms
- To set up operational solutions at the level of prototypes
- To handle hardware projects of moderate scope and complexity
- To understand the technical concepts, architecture, systems, methods, and disciplines and/or users
associated with the defined project
- To produce appropriate technical documentation
- University degree in electrical engineering/electronics, or a comparable course of study
- Good experience in analog/digital electronic design and electronic instrumentation
- Good experience in radio frequency protocols and wireless sensor networks (ZigBee, RF, WiFi, BLE, LoRa)
- Experience in signal conditioning, components assembly, test and delivery of prototypes
- Knowledge in Linux OS, assembler and C/C++ scripting
- Experience in Android OS programming
- Good skills in analytical thinking, oriented to the problem solving
- Ability in team working, good communication, motivation to learn and personal initiative
- Very good knowledge of English
- An interesting, autonomous job in a young international and interdisciplinary team;
- State-of-the-art technical facilities (soft- and hardware, communication tools);
- The contract will start as soon as possible and will be initially issued for 1 year.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents in digital form) by 20.01.2020 to the following address:
Center for Sensing Solutions
A. Volta Straße/Via A. Volta 13 A – 39100 Bolzano
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055 930
For further information please contact Racheline Bonadio: Tel: +39 0471 055 277
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: "I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings".