The Center for Advanced Studies of Eurac Research is now accepting applications for its new Stiftung Südtiroler Sparkasse Global Fellowship. Each year, up to three Global Fellowships are awarded and selected Fellows are offered the opportunity to work closely with the interdisciplinary team at the Center for Advanced Studies on topics of both global and „glocal" relevance, linking personal experiences and research and chosen geopolitical areas with the Center's expertise. The focus of the Fellowship covers the topics of re-globalization and glocalization.
The Global Fellowships are remunerated and compatible with other non-related working duties, university studies or other research topics. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Global Fellowship 2021 will be conducted online. Applications are limited to citizens from EU countries, preferably from Central-Eastern and Eastern Europe.
The Global Fellowships are funded by the Stiftung Südtiroler Sparkasse/Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Bolzano.
- Participation in team activities, meetings and projects of the Center for Advanced Studies
- Giving a seminar on the Fellow's home country, or if suitable on the respective geopolitical area and its relation to globalization
- Giving one public lecture (if applicable)
- Contributing to a jointly edited book with the editors at the Center (editorial work, or submission of a chapter depending on individual agreement)
- The joint preparation of articles for journals or newspapers – up to 3 articles (depending on individual agreement)
- Availability for press interviews and other relevant media work when applicable
- University degree in political science, social science, economics, natural science or computer science or with a focus on new technologies and digitalization
- Knowledge about globalization and future issues
- Skills in dealing with interdisciplinarity
- Motivation to work in an interdisciplinary team
- Organizational skills and ability to work autonomously
- Very good knowledge of English (good German and/or Italian desirable)
The Center for Advanced Studies is looking to interconnect key global dynamics with major regional challenges and develop future-oriented strategies and policies for the economy, society and politics. We offer international networking, a variety of methods and team-oriented work on scientific projects, the aim of which is to produce outstanding published works and project reports as well as to make transfer effective through conferences and symposia.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter, project proposal and further relevant documents) via e-mail by 08.03.2021 to the following addresses:
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
The application should comprise:
- a full CV, including publications, qualifications, work experience etc.,
- a project proposal of 1-2 pages linking the applicant's chosen country and area of expertise to the activities of the Center for Advanced Studies. The project may be a publication, editorial activity, organization of a conference or webinar (series)/lecture series, or the development of a transnational application for a 1-2 year research project.
- a letter of motivation which describes the background and interests of the applicant, with particular regard to the compatibility and contribution to the work of the Center for Advanced Studies.
Please send your application in word format or as a pdf using the headline „Stiftung Südtiroler Sparkasse Global Fellowship".
For further information please contact Ieva Kudure or Marlies Blaas: Tel: +39 0471 055 800
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: "I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings".
We inform you that by sending the data to firstname.lastname@example.org the Stiftung Südtiroler Sparkasse will process your personal data as autonomous data controller.