Eurac Research is looking for a
Student in Biological Sciences/Biotechnology
The Institute for Biomedicine is a young biomedical research institution integrated in an excellent network of international and national partners. It is home to an international and interdisciplinary team of scientists, students and research support staff. Living and working in Bozen/Bolzano allows you to experience the combination of alpine and mediterranean culture and puts you at the heart of one of the most exciting mountain regions in Europe.
The Neuromedicine research group invites applications for an internship post lauream for a project investigating mitochondrial dysfunction in experimental models of Parkinson’s disease (e.g. induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC)-derived neurons from Parkinson’s disease patients). The internship starts in October 2018 and lasts 10 months.
The main tasks include:
· generation, culturing and differentiation of human iPSCs into neurons
· assessment of mitochondrial function in these cellular models including high-resolution respirometry, mitochondrial ROS production, mitochondrial membrane potential
· master’s degree in science (biology, biotechnology or related fields) or final stages of the studies (graduated not more than 12 months before the start of the internship)
· molecular and cellular biology bases
· good knowledge in English; knowledge of either German or Italian language is an advantage
· well-developed social skills, a hands-on attitude and being able to work in a team
· willing to develop new skills and explore novel ideas
· dedicated work space, young environment and engaged colleagues
· training in a broad range of cell and molecular biology techniques
· possibility to attend in-house training activities
· internship compensation
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) within 09.08.2018 via Email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating “Student in Biotechnology/Biological Sciences” to the following address:
Institute for Biomedicine
Via Galvani 31 – 39100 Bolzano
Email: email@example.com - www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055 500 / Fax: + 39 0471 055 599
For further information please contact Irene Pichler at firstname.lastname@example.org: Tel: +39 0471 055 512
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: “I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings”.