Eurac has set up a new laboratory for the test of heat pumps and heating & cooling systems. Specifically, the laboratory is designed to test heat pumps according to the relevant European Standards (EN 14511, EN 14528 and EN 16147) and to test heating and cooling systems under dynamic, real-like conditions.
The laboratory, consisting of two large test chambers and several hydraulic and aeraulic circuits, is used to condition the tested system and to monitor the system performance under controlled operation conditions.
The structure of the laboratory, hydraulic/aeraulic plant and the single circuits' control are actually in place and operational, while an automated control coordinating the management of the overall laboratory has to be setup and commissioned, to move towards its full operational regime.
In close collaboration and guided by the Senior Researchers who are following the laboratory setup, the candidate will be requested to develop the automated control software and to run preliminary tests on heat pumps necessary for the verification of the software and commissioning of the laboratory. In addition to this, the candidate will be requested to follow the procedure for the accreditation of the laboratory with respect to running tests under the standards EN 14511, EN 14528 and EN 16147.
- Contribute to the elaboration of the automation control software of the heat pumps laboratory
- Run laboratory tests with the aim of verifying the operation of the circuits and tuning of the control
- Configuration of laboratory and control program
- Execution of test and following
- Data analysis
- Tuning of controllers
- Write software and test reports
- Coordinate the laboratory accreditation procedure and contact with Accredia personnel.
- Good skills in software coding with focus on NI-Labview
- Basic skill in data analysis
- Energy engineering or industrial engineering master degree
- Team working attitude, motivation to learn and personal initiative
- Knowledge of English, written and spoken
- The opportunity of professional growth and know how acquisition with career opportunity
- The opportunity to work in a young international team in a fast-growing sector
- The possibility to work both in consultancy and research projects devoted to develop new technologies
- The position is offered for an initial period of 1 year
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) by 16.11.2019 to the following address:
Institute for Renewable Energy
Viale Druso 1 – 39100 Bolzano
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055 600 / Fax: + 39 0471 055 699
For further information please contact Diego Menegon: Tel: +39 0471 055 639
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: "I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings".