The position will be responsible for managing the lifecycle of the Renewable Energy Laboratory equipment. The scope of this role includes, but is not limited to, managing the calibration and maintenance program for the whole equipment asset (instruments, sensors, electronic devices, machinery), assuring that the equipment is maintained calibrated and properly working. The position is also responsible of the management of the database, registering any activity (loan, certificates and documentation, new acquisitions), and assures that the activities are performed according to the Laboratory Quality Management System (according to ISO 17025).
- Preparation and update of a scheduled program in order to carry out the correct service actions in terms of calibration, maintenance, functionality checks of the equipment relevant to the institute's needs.
- Continuous communication with equipment users (researchers and technicians) in order to minimize the interference between service actions and laboratory operations.
- Management of loans, new items arrival, service actions incl. certificates and all related documents, and end-of-life actions, also through the proper management of the equipment database and storeroom.
- Support in the acquisition of new lab equipment.
- Execution of internal calibrations, and establishment of new calibration procedures.
- Execution of internal ordinary maintenance/periodical verification and implementation of new maintenance procedures.
- Support the implementation of monitoring systems by assuring calibration of sensors and performing reliability and durability checks.
- Technical high school or university in the field of electronics, mechanics or other technical specialization involving metrology.
- Relevant working experience in a test or calibration laboratory, preferably in instruments management or instrument calibration. Experience in an ISO 17025 managed laboratory is preferable
- Knowledge of metrology, incl. calibration techniques, metrological verification, uncertainty concept and methods for uncertainty calculation.
- Knowledge on monitoring system devices like dataloggers, transducers, DAQ and sensors.
- Attitude to problem-solving and to work in a clean, precise and structured way
- Good practical manual skills
- Advanced knowledge of Office package
- Excellent knowledge of either Italian or German, good knowledge of English
- Interesting activity in cooperation with local and international research and industry partners
- The opportunity to work in a young international team in a fast growing sector
- Working conditions which allow a professional growth and know how acquisition
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) within 17.05.2020 to the following address:
Institute for Renewable Energy
Viale Druso 1 – 39100 Bolzano
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055 600 / Fax: + 39 0471 055 699
For further information please contact Giorgio Belluardo: Tel: +39 0471 055 626
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: "I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings".