The Eurac Research Institute for Biomedicine is looking for three highly motivated software developers / computer scientists to join our international team in Bolzano, Italy. The software developers will work within the CHRIS-2D project, which has recently been funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
The CHRIS-2D project will be implemented within the Cooperative Health Research in South Tyrol (CHRIS) study, one of the largest longitudinal population-based studies in Italy, which investigates the health of >13,000 participants through a large set of clinical, genetic, and molecular data. By setting up a data portal that provides navigation through CHRIS data and samples in a secure and controlled way that protects participant's rights, the CHRIS-2D project aims at enhancing the quality, integration and usability of the datasets, boosting the potential for innovative scientific research and exploitation of the study.
The successful candidates will work within a team of expert software developers and system administrators. They will assist in setting up the computational infrastructure and contribute to implementing and testing the data portal in an iterative way. The work will require interaction with existing software, databases, and systems.
- Design, implement and test software components for storing, analysing, and visualizing data
- Write test cases and documentation
- Analyse existing data portals
- M. Sc. degree or equivalent experience in software development or computer science
- Profound knowledge of a scripting language, such as, Python, Perl or PHP
- Practical knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Very good English language skills
- Strong ability to work independently and in a team
- Two-year full-time position
- A vibrant and collaborative work environment in an interdisciplinary team of software developers and computer scientists, bioinformaticians and biostatisticians, data curators and data analysts, genetic epidemiologists, and ethical and legal experts.
- An employer that is consistently rated among the best work places in Italy
- Attractive living conditions and a high quality of life, right at the heart of one of the most exciting mountain regions in the World
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) by 30.10.2020 to the following address email@example.com stating "Software developer / Computer scientist CHRIS-2D" and their name as subject:
Institute for Biomedicine
Via Galvani 31 – 39100 Bolzano
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org -- www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055 500 / Fax: + 39 0471 055 599
For further information please contact Hagen Blankenburg: email@example.com
The CHRIS-2D project is funded by the European Regional Development Fund, program „EFRE 2014-2020", project ID FESR1157. CUP: D54I20001390008.
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: "I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings".