Agritourism offers farmers the possibility to diversify and generate additional income through on-farm touristic activities in order to help supplementing their low agricultural income. This helps to maintain the viability of active farms and rural communities. The more general understanding of agritourism states that agritourism activities support and promote agricultural resources, traditions and culture. Following this line of thought, agritourism results to be a successful example of sustainable tourism that has gained importance over the years.
The Institute for Regional Development of Eurac Research and its partners are building a platform for all activities regarding agritourism all over the world: associations, offers, news, literature etc. The trainee will give substantial help for this activity, collect and manage data referring to agritourism.
- Support in research work regarding agritourism
- Data collection and support in data management
- Collection of information on congresses, seminars and events on agritourism worldwide
- Network analysis
- Support for the creation of a specific international data base
- Support for preparation of workshops regarding Agritourism
- Very good knowledge of English
- Very good knowledge of Italian or German
- BA or MA in economics, agricultural economics or similar
- Very good knowledge of Office 365
A position in a young, motivated, international team.
The possibility of writing a BA-/MA-thesis about Agritourism.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) by 20.07.2019 to the following address:
Institute for Regional Development
Viale Druso 1 – 39100 Bolzano
Email: email@example.com - www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055 419
For further information please contact Anna Silbernagl: Tel: +39 0471 055 419
Website of Agritourism: agritourism.eurac.edu
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: "I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings".