The Institute for Regional Development is working on an international Life+ project (LIFEstockProtect) on the improvement of herd protection measures in the German speaking-areas of the Alps.
The project proposes conservation actions, which, for the first time as a LIFE project, react directly to the demand of livestock associations of the German-speaking Alpine countries. The aim is to support them to become prepared for the expected increase in wolf and other large carnivores' presence.
The Institute for Regional Development of Eurac Research is looking for a trainee, who will give substantial help for the activities connected to the project, collect and manage data referring to the topic and assist in the local project coordination.
- Support in the coordination and implementation of projects actions in South Tyrol
- Data collection and evaluation, esp. on European and national funding possibilities for livestock protection, human dimension in wildlife conflicts and stakeholder analysis
- Support for the organization of trainings and workshops
- Meetings with farmers and shepherds
- Writing of blog articles about project activities
- Support in writing scientific articles regarding the project and the topic
- BA or MA in environmental science, wildlife management, environmental economics or politics, agriculture
- Very good knowledge of written and oral English
- Very good knowledge of Italian and German
- Very good knowledge of Office 365
A full-time traineeship position starting from January 2020 in a young, motivated, international team and the opportunity to work in one of the most important EU projects on Herd Protection and Human-Nature coexistence
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) by 30.10.2020 to the following address:
Institute for Regional Development
Viale Druso 1 – 39100 Bolzano
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055 419
For further information please contact Anna Silbernagl: Tel: +39 0471 055 419
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: "I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings".