The traineeship enables deepening insights in a working environment linking linguistic research, language didactics and education and will be carried out in the framework of the project "RepertoirePluS" (http://repertoireplus.eurac.edu/) which is undertaken in cooperation between Eurac Research and the German, Italian and Ladin education departments. The three-year study investigates how individual language repertoires can be analysed and described and how they can be used in multilingual interaction situations. Through an empirical validation of existing instruments, the study generates new knowledge for the description of language repertoires and their use in multilingual interactions in order to provide impulses for the promotion of multilingual competencies within the framework of language teaching and learning scenarios.
- Support in the analysis of written and audiovisual data to describe language repertoires in multilingual interaction situations (e.g. transcription with F4 and ELAN, coding with ATLAS.ti, evaluation with Excel etc.)
- Support in the preparation, implementation and evaluation of workshops and training courses in the field of multilingual didactics for pupils and teachers
- Support in the planning and organization of an international conference on language repertoires and multilingual didactics
- Continuation of the project's bibliography
- Conception of a final report
- High proficiency in German, Italian and English (minimum B2/C1 in all three languages).
- Currently enrolled in or graduated in Linguistics or a similar discipline.
The traineeship can be started as soon as possible (ideally from the beginning of September 2019). Trainees must commit for a minimum of 3 months in full-time occupation. Candidates who are able to commit for a longer period of time are preferred. The possibility of financial support is given via an ERASMUS-funded traineeship (requirement: university needs to support Erasmus programs).
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) within 21.06.2019 to the following address:
Institute for Applied Linguistics
Viale Druso 1 – 39100 Bolzano
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org- www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055 100 / Fax: + 39 0471 055 199
For further information please contact Joanna Barrett: Tel: +39 0471 055 113
Headword: “Traineeship RepertoirePluS”
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: "I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings".