Eurac Research is looking for a
Trainee for the project „One school, many languages
The traineeship enables deepening insights in the working environment linking research and education and will be held within the project called “One school, many languages (SMS)“ (http://sms-project.eurac.edu/Pages/home.aspx). The project SMS is conducted in cooperation with the departments of German, Italian and Ladin education and intends to develop didactic concepts, material and projects for an appropriate handling of the rising linguistic heterogeneity in South Tyrol / Alto Adige. Grounded on concrete data elevation and actual approaches on multilingual didactics, the project generally aims at raising awareness of language diversity at school.
· Support during research among South Tyrolian schools (incl. agenda coordination, elevation and evaluation of data on language repertoires and competences).
· Support during the preparation, execution and evaluation of workshops and projects in the field of multilingual didactics for students and teachers.
· Support during the editing and online-publication of workshops, further training and didactic material in the field of multilingual didactics for students and teachers.
· Development of the project’s bibliography
· Conception of a final report
· High proficiency in German, Italian and English (native-like level in one language, minimum B2/C1 in the other languages).
· Currently enrolled in or having graduated in Linguistics or a similar discipline.
Traineeship can be started from the end of May 2018. Trainees must commit for a minimum of 3 months in full-time occupation. Candidates who are able to commit for a longer period of time are preferred. The possibility of financial support is given via an ERASMUS-funded traineeship (requirement: university needs to support Erasmus programs).
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) within 28.02.2018 to the following address:
Institute for Applied Linguistics
Viale Druso 1 – 39100 Bolzano
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - www.eurac.edu
Tel. 0471 055 100 – Fax 0471 055 199
For further information please contact Maria Stopfner: Tel: +39 0471 055 143
Headword: “Traineeship SMS”
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: “I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings”.