Eurac Research is looking for a
Trainee in the field of visual communication for ecosystem services
The AlpES project has the objective to introduce a common understanding of ecosystem services as a regional and transnational environmental governance framework and train and support the AlpES target groups in understanding, valuing and managing them (www.alpine-space.eu/projects/alpes). The project is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund through the Interreg Alpine Space programme and led by Eurac Research.
AlpES will, in particular, develop an Alpine ecosystem services concept, carry out a mapping and assessment
of ecosystem services for the Alpine Space area, publish the results through an interactive web GIS and
transfer them to stakeholders via learning tools and targeted activities.
The successful candidate will contribute to organising and transforming the project’s results into easily digestible information products targeted to a wide audience. He/she will in particular collaborate with the AlpES team in the graphic elaboration of ecosystem services and sustainability indicators maps and of different reports and will work at the interface between the AlpES team and the communication department of Eurac Research.
· Support in organising and transforming project results into accessible information products, delivered through innovative communication tools targeting relevant stakeholders.
· Support in the graphic elaboration of ecosystem services and sustainability indicators maps.
· Support in the drafting and production of different project communication items and scientific reports.
· Coordination and active contribution to the project’s social media channels.
· Contribution to all other AlpES activities, as needed.
· Student or recent graduate (less than 12 months) in media/communication design, graphic design or a related subject.
· Interest in ecosystem sciences and Alpine themes.
· Motivation and enthusiasm in working cooperatively in a multidisciplinary team.
· Competence in the use of graphic software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
· Excellent knowledge of English, written and spoken.
· Good organizational, communication and social skills.
· Ability to work autonomously, in a team and with project partners.
· An internship with the duration of 3-6 months.
· An interesting scope of tasks in cooperation with international partners and stakeholders.
· The opportunity to work in a young and motivated team.
· Ideal start date is October 2017.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and further relevant documents) within 24.09.2017 to the following address:
Institute for Alpine Environment
Viale Druso 1 – 39100 Bolzano
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055 342
For further information please contact Alice Labadini: Tel: +39 0471 055 342
Project “AlpES – Alpine Ecosystem Services – mapping, maintenance and management”. This project is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund through the Interreg Alpine Space programme.
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: “I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings”.