At the Eurac Research Institute for Biomedicine in Bolzano/Bozen (Italy), we are looking for 2 talented biomedical statisticians to join our team. The two statisticians will be employed within the PACE project (Partnership to Accelerate Covid-19 rEsearch in South Tyrol), which was recently funded by the Autonomous Province of Bozen/Bolzano. The PACE project investigates the social, demographic, clinical and molecular factors associated with SARS-Cov-2 infections in the general population and in hospitalized patients.
The post holder will work within a high profile team of biostatisticians and epidemiologists at Eurac Research. He/she will conduct data quality control, statistical model fitting, and causal inference analyses.
Eurac Research is an applied research center located in Bolzano/Bozen, South Tyrol, Italy. The Institute for Biomedicine is home to an international and interdisciplinary team of scientists, students and support staff, integrated in an excellent network of international and national partners. Eurac Research ranks 35th among the best work places in Italy and offers many opportunities in combining work and social activities. Living and working in Bolzano/Bozen allows experiencing a unique combination of Alpine and Mediterranean culture right at the heart of one of the most exciting mountain regions in Europe.
- Data quality control and exploratory data analysis
- Generalized mixed effect model fitting and longitudinal data analysis
- To collaborate in results interpretation and manuscript writing
- MSc in Statistics/Biostatistics/Bioinformatics or a related subject with proven competence in Statistics
- Good knowledge of the R package and the Linux/Unix environment, with proven scripting ability
- Ability to work in team and in an interdisciplinary environment
- Good written and spoken English
- A one-year full-time position
- The opportunity to work on large and well-characterized molecular epidemiology studies
- Working within a high level international scientific group
- Access to cutting-edge data and computational resources
- Attractive living and working conditions
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, cover letter and reference contacts) within 31.10.2020 via email to email@example.com stating "Position in Biomedical Statistics - PACE" as subject. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Institute for Biomedicine
Via Galvani 31 – 39100 Bolzano, Italy
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org- www.eurac.edu
Tel: +39 0471 055 500 / Fax: + 39 0471 055 599
For further information please contact Cristian Pattaro email@example.com
The post holder will work on the Partnership to Accelerate Covid-19 rEsearch in South Tyrol (PACE) research project, a scientific research program on Covid-19 funded by the Autonomous Province of Bozen/Bolzano - CUP: D52F20000770003.
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: "I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings".