The department Communication tends to the image of the Academy and its relationship with the outside world. In close collaboration with the eleven research institutes, the Department disseminates the results of the Academy's scientific research and knowledge and supports the Institutes in the dissemination of their European projects.
Beyond the traditional tools such as press releases and public relations, the department explores the potential of new media and the Internet. To reach the local community, the department gives workshops, hands-on activities, and popular events designed for both adults and children.
The area is also responsible for internal communication.
- prepares and issues press releases, archives external
press coverage on the Academy's work, and organises press conferences
- manages relationships with the media and serves as the liaison between researchers and the press
- manages the Internet portal
- handles EURAC profiles in the major social networks (facebook, twitter, youtube,
- makes Web-based mini-documentaries
- supports the institutes in the planning and management of dissemination activities within European research projects
- oversees corporate design
- writes, designs and produces brochures and information material
- prepares the Academy's annual activity report
- publishes ACADEMIA, the quarterly scientific periodical
- curates popular events such as the EURAC Science Café
- coordinates the annual event, "The Long Night of Research"
- popularises science for school-aged children with the project EURAC Junior
- designs and produces EURAC's academic publications
- presents a range of interesting science radio programmes