The department Communication tends to the image of Eurac Research and its relationship with the outside world. In close collaboration with the eleven research institutes, the department disseminates the results of the scientific research and knowledge and supports the institutes in the dissemination of their European projects.
- prepares and issues press releases, archives external press coverage and organises press conferences
- manages relationships with the media and serves as the liaison between researchers and the press
- manages the Internet portal
- handles profiles of Eurac Research in the major social networks (facebook, twitter, youtube,
- makes Web-based mini-documentaries
- supports the institutes in the planning and management of dissemination activities within European research projects
- oversees corporate design
- writes, designs and produces brochures and information material
- prepares the annual activity report of Eurac Research
- publishes Academia, the quarterly scientific periodical of Eurac Research and unibz
- curates popular events such as the Science Café
- coordinates the annual event, "The Long Night of Research"
- popularises science for school-aged children
- designs and produces academic publications
- presents a range of interesting science radio programmes