Rural and mountain areas in Europe are facing restructuring processes: some are struggling with the consequences of demographic changes and economic downgrade; others are performing well and becoming prosperous regions. To overcome the negative effects of societal challenges as well as to better valorize rural and mountain territorial resources, we work on concrete innovative solutions and tailor-made strategies, which able to release their endogenous potentials and promote socio-ecological transition processes.
- Examine, analyze and monitor spatial patterns of structural, social and economic changes and their impacts on rural society;
- Propose innovative sustainable cooperation and new business models to enhance the strengths of rural and mountain areas;
- Develop and manage local and EU projects with the target to enhance the wellbeing of rural society, counter-balance the effects of depopulation and out-migration and to valorize the territory;
- Elaborate bio- and circular economy solutions to foster the primary sector with promoting value added chains, cooperative systems and entrepreneurship.
- Smart territorial relationships and cross-sectoral cooperation
- Sustainable bio-economic business models
- Social innovation and inclusion
- Intercultural diversity and cultural heritage